Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: April Club Update
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:41 pm 

We'll Spring has finally sprung and not a moment too soon! Time for our first newsletter of the season containing updates on what is going on in our club:

Car #HLS30 - 00013 to be parted out: After much debate and soul searching, Rick and Kathy Morgan have decided to part-out car #13. Many will say parting out the first Z to be made available for sale in the U.S. is sacrilege. But given the investment that would be required to bring this vehicle back to its former glory, this option has been on the table for quite some time. The owners believe that by parting out the car, many recipient cars can be made more original with almost impossible-to-find early 1969/1970 generation Z parts. This decision will ensure that the car has a lasting impact on the Z community and will live on indefinitely through the restoration of other cars. While we are sad to see it go (piece by piece) we agree with Rick and Kathy that this is the best option to preserve the heritage of this car.

New Members: Please welcome the following new members when you see them in person or on the Discussion Forum:

Smith, Ronald - 240Z
Katayama, Yutaka - 240Z
Toyoda, Akio - Looking to buy a Z (mechanical gas pedal linkage a must)
Madoff, Bernard - No longer able to drive but wants to participate on the forums
Woods, T. - No car currently but heard that we had an adult club on the East Coast
O'Brien, C. - 280Z - Is looking to participate in a highly-rated show
Thomas, F - 240Z - Already a member but asked if he could join again (?)
Bullock, S. - 370Z - Heard that we had many faithful male members

RI Z Car Club to host 2012 convention: The RIZCC has won it's bid to host the 2012 national Z convention! Club President Paul Mackin states that despite the club's small size (they currently have only five members) they are extremely excited about this opportunity. Paul believes that they will far surpass the ten member minimum requirement by June of 2012 as mandated by the ZCCA. Since there are currently no bridges connecting RI to the mainland, Z's will be ferried to the island twenty at a time. Due to the small size of the state, some cars may need to be taken off the island as the procession of Z's come on (kind of like getting into a packed bar). Robin and Colin Foote (RIZCC Event Directors) are already planning a series of activities including a timed road rally from RI's East to West borders, expected to take no longer than 10 minutes. Vehicles participating in the convention will be required to have one life jacket for each adult as a saftey precaution.

New CT Law bans Bucket Seats in pre-1990 Vehicles: Hard to believe but the folks in Hartford have recently passed a bill that will require bucket seats to be replaced with bench seats in cars manufactured prior to 1990. The law came about due to a serious accident caused by an individual searching for a donut hole, which had rolled between the car's bucket seats. The driver successfully sued the State of CT under the theory that the State did not exercise due care in preventing such accidents. Owners of vehicles with bucket seats manufactured prior to 1990 will have six months to install the bench seat. Motorsport Auto carries a limited supply of bench seat conversions for the Z, so order quickly. The donut hole was later recovered by Police but has again gone missing.

Dues: Once again, we are contemplating a dues structure for 2010 and we believe we have come up with a plan that is fair and workable. Under this plan, dues will be collected based upon member participation with the highest levels of participation resulting in the lowest charge. So for example, members that are active on the discussion forum, have posted photos to the Member Rides section and regularly attend meetings and events will pay nothing. Those members that have registered but who have not been active and whom we have never met, will be charged up to $250 / year to maintain their membership. A special "annoyance" fee will be assessed to members that routinely crticize club activities but do not volunteer to assist. A committee will be formed to monitor and assess each member's participation (and annoyance quotient) on a quarterly basis.

Finally, some sad news in that our Webmaster, Jim Hagani, has informed me that he will soon be relocating to Idaho. Jim has always had a passion for Vodka and as you know, vine-ripened potatos are a key ingredient in the world's best varieties. Jim has applied for and received a grant from the state of Idaho to start a distillery using their state vegetable. Of course Jim will take his Z's and plans to start the IDAHOZ (pronouned "IDA Ho's") Z club (not to be confused with a small business run by Ida in the same town that Jim is relocating to). We will be transitioning the maintenance of the web-site to Phil Parent, who assures me that he uses the internet often and in his words "will figure it out". Please wish Jim the best of luck in his new endeavor and wish Phil (and us) any remaining luck that the website will still exist in 30 days.

That's all for now! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm 

Got to love April..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm 

Oh NO. I quit.

Jim, I'm coming with you. How many quality control taste testers do you need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm 

Do we really need the "www." in the url?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

phil280zxt wrote:
Do we really need the "www." in the url?

Hey Rosssss - I doo love my vodkka...in fact...i'm injoying sum rIght nwo...

Fil: sorry to hear that U R ill...fell beter soon...

- Gin (masterweb guy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:50 am 

Thats it I"m moving to California :P

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am 

Frank,you can't quit a free club!
What we could do tho,is help Gin move out to ID and then road trip out to Cali...
And Paul,if you're having trouble w/ the 10 car count,see if the ZCCA will let you sub dodge neons.

(dibs on the drv side taillight assy off not-so-lucky 13)

Zee ya next week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am 

Jimmy, I'll be ready to go as soon as I can find where I left Ginetta's number......

I'll call Keith and zee if we can get a deal on a nice yacht so we can sail thru the Canal to California leisurely.

(I'm driving, OK buddy?) :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:25 pm 

You wouldn't believe some of the emails we're getting about this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: