Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:20 pm 

Over the past 15 months or so, several members have asked me if they can donate money to the CTZCC fund.

You all know we are a FREE CLUB. We require no membership dues, and have never asked you for a single nickel. We never plan to.

But those of you who have belonged to other clubs over the years understand that it often costs money to run a club. Not huge amounts, but a few dollars here, a few hundred dollars there. That's all part and parcel of taking care of our membership and giving them a memorable event or meeting or award or whatever. These expenses usually get paid for out of the Officers' pockets, divided evenly for fairness. And, we make a little money for operating expenses at the annual car show, or by selling cheap Z partz off donated partz carz, and thru Keith's wonderful MerchandiZe Shop, so we're not completely 'broke', ~ we just ain't rich. We could do a lot more if we were. And now the membership is up over 365, leaving our 6 officers to share those 'pocket expenses' this year.

So several of you (nearly a dozen, actually) have asked how they could make donations to the Club. We do a lot of free favors for our members (like towing a Z car here or there, or photographing a Z for sale for you if it's closer to us than it is to you, etc). Our Officer policy prohibits us from accepting any personal gifts or money from the membership, so the grateful members then ask how they can make a donation to the Club, instead.

At last month's Officer's Meeting, we established a way for you to do that.

Anyone wanting to make a donation to this Club can mail a check for any amount to:

CTZCC
97 Christie Hill Road
Darien CT
06820-3229

Every penny received will go directly into the Club account; no individual EVER profits (monetarily) from this Club. Each member then benefits from the Club funds, in the form of events, trophies, awards, and even simply by the pizza and soda we serve at any unsponsored meetings. So donors are not giving a cent to any individual; they are giving to their brothers and sisters in the entire membership.

Some work is afoot to establish a PayPal-type account, which would spare our donors the legwork of snail mail and checks, letting them make "e-Donations". We are also discussing a discrete Donationz Box at our meetings, but are struggling for a way not to make that appear tacky.

We get a LOT of fun and friendship out of this free Club. With our little bank account we are able to feed our members at meetings and the Fall Outing picnic, award them with trophies or such when they deserve them, and so on.

THIS YEAR we have some opportunities to expand our services to our members if we can afford to. Bryan Little has accepted our nomination as Motorsports Director, but his 'budget' would fit into my watchpocket. And we hope to soon be able to buy a simple, reliable Z Club trailer to help our members move their project cars around with, etc.

So, while we're not ASKING you to make any donations, and nobody's obligated to do so, we CERTAINLY would appreciate any amount any of you felt like making, and this provision now lets you do that.

Thanks to each and every one of you who persistently continue to bring this up to me, and in behalf of our entire grateful membership, thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help 'fund the fun'.

Z Ya ~
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:43 am 

Go easy on the "snail mail," Frank; I were one for a lotta years!
It really takes a lot of legwork to lug a heavy letter out to the box!
Just kidding, a PayPal feature would be fine and also confidential.
But you would have to help me sign up and teach me how to use it.

I know there are a lot of creative minds in this Club. I appreciate
your "stirring the pot" to get things moving in the right direction.

I will start by offering the Club my older car trailer at basically the
cost of the BRAND NEW tires plus $100. I know it could cost a little
for property taxes and registration; but if the trailer were rented
out to members for some rate stipulated by the Officers, those costs
would be covered, the acquisition cost amortized, and the trailer
eventually would become an income-generating asset for the Club.

All Z Best,...................................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:10 pm 

Hey Frank, I planned on going to the 4/14 meeting and buying A hat and shirt to show my support and meet you guys. Does the club profit much from that purchase. I want to help as much as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:19 am 

Yessir ~ your Club makes a profit from everything Keith sells in the Club Store. And every sale helps.

We want to say THANK YOU for the great support this Post has generated in the first month! Every little donation helps fund this Club and thereby, touches the lives of each member. We're all about having fun TOGETHER, and the healthier our little bank account gets, the more fun we can have.

THANK YOU to all of you who have contributed already since this was first posted! You know who you are, altho "ANONYMOUS" sent us the most so far! :lol: No need to be bashful about sending $5 ~ every nickel of your donation goes ONLY to this Club ~ no individual takes a penny of it.

Your gifts mean a lot, and won't be forgotten. (And we appreciate some of the cute little notes which accompany them!) :lol:

Frank
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:15 pm 

Remember now, I will be selling die cast 1:18 Z Cars for $20 at each
Z Club function again this year. They come in green, orange, and a
"gunmetal blue." The $5.00 profit goes straight to the Club treasury.

The box says it is a 1970, but if you look closely at the details, it is a
1969 with 1972 wheel covers. Go figure. I guess that sort of averages
out to a 1970. In any case they are very, very detailed and realistic.

All Z Best,.................................Kathy & Rick

1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject: Cars
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:49 am 

Rick

Another offer for club members. For $20 more, you can shrink us down so we can fit into the die-cast cars. More profit for the club and maybe a future movie. I can see you exclaiming to Kathy, "Honey I Shrunk the Club" :lol:

Post subject: Re: Cars
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:10 pm 

kevinr wrote:
Rick

Another offer for club members. For $20 more, you can shrink us down so we can fit into the die-cast cars. More profit for the club and maybe a future movie. I can see you exclaiming to Kathy, "Honey I Shrunk the Club" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD ONE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see, how can we best accomplish this?-- YES!! one member at a
time into the clothes dryer, set on high heat!!

Some of us would take more shrinking than others. Saw Scott Cole up
at Vinnie's today; he would take ALMOST as much shrinking vertically
as I would require horizontally!

What am I thinking about?-- Kathy is a shrink! This could be her
contribution to the Club!!!!

All Z Best,...........................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 am 

I have a car to donate....Frank....the 240 is just about ready to go, along with a couple big boxes of other extra partz....all for the club kitty. The time has come for it (and me) to move outta here! You should give me a call so we can arrange the exit strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am 

OK Mark ~ will do.

Thank you for your support, and remember ~ just because you're moving doesn't mean you can quit us! You'll always be our member and you'll always be welcome around our campfire.

I know some really sharp Z owners in the area you're headed for ~ should I tell them you're coming so they try to recruit you, too?

I'll call you this week.

Frank