Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:37 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frank's 1,000th Post!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:44 pm 

I think it is appropriate that we recognize the most prolific poster in the history of the club. I had intended to write this post to celebrate this individual's 1,000th post but by the time I got to it, the busy little beaver had snuck 18 more posts by my notice.

We all know who it is, but I'll say his name anyway: Frank "the poster" Thomas has logged in his 1,018 post as of today!

While a few of those posts were limited to "smiley faces", the other 99% were written to welcome, direct, educate, motivate or congratulate our members. There isn't much Frank hasn't done on this forum. He is to our Discussion Forum what WD-40 is to a squeeky door hinge - the lubricant that keeps everything happily moving in the right direction.

Belated Congratulations on your 1,000th post Frank!

and PS - Thanks for being a part of this club. It truly would not be the same without you :wink:

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:30 pm 

:lol:

Aww, shucks! I didn't know anybody was counting! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 pm 

Ross says "Thanks for being a part of this club. It truly would not be the same without you"

I second the motion.

All in favor say "I".....

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:51 pm 

Frank is awesome. Every club should be so lucky to have some one like him.
can't wait to see that car of his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:19 pm 

I agree 100% with all prior comments. Frank is the man! This place and CTZCC for that matter would not be the same without him. Thanks for being you Frank! I look forward to your next 1019 posts and, of course, meeting 'lil ole miss 2807!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

So, let's see...it took Frank how long before he hit his 1,000th poZt?

Hmm...any predictions as to when he'll hit 2,000? My guess is sometime next week...

Come on Frank - are you up for the challenge?

Phil's right, Frank - you are THE man!

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 pm 

Ross, you forgot bustin our chops, :lol: Well, alright Frank, thanks for keeping it real, your a true Z man. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 pm 

Well, thankz for all the support, but it's YOU guys who inspire each of us in the CTZCC.

I've had more fun with this Club, and met more of the coolest people here, than I can ever remember. The Membership in here are the most knowledgeable bunch of wrenchers I know. From the backyard mechanics to the lifetime professionals like Vinny B, Bryan Little and Rich from RDZ, each one of you teaches me something new about the Z car daily. Even our first-time Z owners ask intelligent questionz about these carz, which cauzes each of us to THINK about the machines we're driving.

That's stimulating and makes me want to read everything each of you has to say. And the humor in here is UNBELIEVABLE. Almost every time Phil or AJ or Paul or Marc or Keith quips to a prior post, they crack me up. I'm really glad our Web Wizzard Jim Hagani made the ":lol:" Emoticon available for this website!

I'm more Blessed right now than some other members, since I'm retired and have more discretionary time to spend on here. A few years down the road MOST of our members will enjoy that same luxury, and we'll ALL have posts numbering into the thousands.

I'm just happy to have met so many other Z lovers and be able to hear all the great stories they have about their cars. Tom W once told us he always loved the Zs but his friends all owned Chevys so he felt like the Lone Stranger. I suspect we all have similar backgrounds and are just happy to finally have a place where we're surrounded by others who undrstnd our obsessive love for these cars. Sometimes the wives and kids don't undrstnd it, but our Brothers do.

I just love this Club! Thanks to each of you for being YOU!

If I could only wrench as well as I post, #2807 would be the best Z in the Club! :lol: