Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:58 pm 

Hello everyone, as Ross announced, I have volunteered to take on the Events Director position for the club. Last year was my first year in the club and only second year with my '93 300ZX. I was very impressed by Ross', Frank's, Phil's, Bob's and Jim's enthusiasm and dedication to the club and all the great people with their fine Z cars that enjoy the events and meetings throughout the summer. I consider myself a Z car enthusiast rather then a Z gear head. I just like the Z cars and enjoy any excuse to waste gas in mine.

At the Fall Picnic I sold some club hats that I had made and helped with the registration table. I had such a nice time that before the day was over, I started talking to Ross and Frank about the Events Director position. That's all it took they had me on the hook.

The first thought that went through my mind was how does anybody take on an Events Director position after the most successful year of the CTZCC without one? That goes to show you how big of an effort Ross and the others put into the club and it's events.

As the first Events Director my main goal is to learn from last years successes and begin to help out and take a lot of the workload from Ross and others for the main events. I look forward to learning the ropes, offering my input, and just being a big help to Ross and the other officers to keep the momentum that they started for the upcoming Events. Ross ensures me that it is a team effort and I will look to all you for your help and support along the way.

My Second goal is to encourage more "Fun Runs" around CT. We live in a great region with many cool places to drive to and meet up. Paul's coffee run to Shelton was a fun morning with a great turn out and the one I had in Old Saybrook late in the season was just what we needed before the snow came. I've got a few “Fun Run” suggestions I'll be putting out there. In the meantime, look at the Schedule of Events link, pick a weekend or evening you'd like to hang out with Z people and suggest a 'Fun Run' to your favorite destination. Feel free to bounce ideas off of me. The “Fun Run” organizer this year with the most Z cars attending will receive a CTZCC Fleece Vest from me at the Fall Outing (send me your sign-in sheets). If you go to the Upcoming Events link in the forum you'll see that Clayton is kicking the season off on 2/7 with a run to Wallingford/Meridan for a buffet followed by some hanging out in his heated garage. I'll be there with my Pathfinder just to hang with Z people and get excited about the upcoming summer driving season.

My Third goal is to be more enthusiastic and send out more announcements than Frank. I am not sure if that is possible, but it will be fun trying. Actually, the third goal is to keep the CTZCC Store going with new items and stuff. Don’t forget the CTZCC has no club dues; net proceeds for all items sold through the store help fund future events and additional store items.

Lastly, I look forward to getting the Zeason started, being more involved in this club, and getting to see you all again.

Cheers

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:32 pm 

We couldn't be happier than we are with this new addition to the Team! Altho he's quiet and unassuming, Keith has shown great natural ability to organiZe and enjoy the results in a happy and relaxed manner. He's a natural salesman, and now he's selling fun.

While it's quite understandable for anybody to be apprehensive about his or her abilities at a new job, I will offer this ~ since he's the first Events Czar, he will be setting the performance bar for the position, so he can't "fail". AND, just by taking most of the load off Ross' shoulders, Keith is making a HUGE contribution to the Club in general (and probably to Ross' marriage in particular :lol:), so he's already a success!. In his natural wisdom, Keith already sees the intelligent approach to his new job ~ he's asking for teamwork among the membership to help set stuff up. If there's one single element which distinguishes this Club from all others, it has been the GREAT ideas some of our members have come up with, so I suspect Keith will have a ready supply of ammunition in his pouch to work with this year.

And 2009 will be rife with opportunities for fun events! It will mark the 40th anniversary of the Z car's advent upon the world, it will be the first year we try our hand at Auto Crossing (as a Club), our first attempt at a Club Calendar, and we will hold our 2nd Annual Z Car Show and yet another Fall Outing Picnic. Keith has already heard the calls for more weekend Fun Runs and track days at Lime Rock, and there are neighboring Z clubs' car shows nearby, etc etc. What with the Club Store, his day job and what little private life that leaves time for, I expect Keith to fall into a happy but exhausted sleep at the end of each day.

Thanks Keith, for raising your hand when the going got tough! I pledge my personal support and willingness to help you however possible and, knowing this great gang we call the CT Z Car Club, I'm confident you will have many other hands helping out ~ even if they only have time to clap!

Z Ya!
Frank T
MbrshpDir
Frank@CTZCC.Com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm 

I can already tell that Keith is going to do a great job. It feels great to finally have a complete set of well-rounded leaders like Jim, Phil, Frank and Keith on board. I don't know about you guys but I am getting VERY excited about the upcoming season. So many cars - so little garage space. At least we can live vicariously through all the other cars in the club. Ross