Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: We want YOU!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 pm 

Got an idea that you think would benefit the club? Why not run with it? We are so much stronger and better as an organization of like-minded people than we are as just a few. We all have areas of expertise, connections and creative ideas. An example of this was Keith Hultmark funding the production costs and coordinating the CTZCC hats. Because the hats sold out, he recovered all of his costs and gave all of the excess profits to the club. Another example was when Dave Sirico used his graphic art connections to have CTZCC yellow parking vests made up to be used at events like our car show and Fall Outing. Yet another example was Frank buying a parts car and after recouping his costs, selling items to club members (cheaply) and donating all the proceeds to the club. Imagine if each of our active members took on a small project like this!

Here are some ways, some relatively easy, that you can help your club:

* There are a lot of Z-related web-sites out there that have links to Z clubs. Some show a link to the now defunct "Bob Sharp Z Car Club" or don't show us listed at all. Why not send our new information and links to these web-sites? I do it for the sites I frequent, but there are so many other sites out there.

* Write an article for a car magazine, Nissan Sport, or regional / local publications.

* Point any local Z owners that you meet in Z discussion forums, events or on the street to our club web-site. Hand out those "Z Spotter Cards", which can be found on our home page.

* Volunteer to host a Z Fun Run or cruise in your neck of the woods.

* Put me in touch with organizations that you feel would be interested in sponsoring our club. Our request to sponsors is that they donate at least $250 / year in goods or services and provide a club-member discount. We in turn will list them as a sponsor on our web-site and request that our membership patronize them.

* If you have connections with manufacturers or other businesses please seek donations, either for our club members or to be raffled at our events.

As you think about projects that you may like to take on, please just keep the following in mind:

* Please do not commit the club financially unless you speak to me first and we agree that it makes sense to do so.

* Please let our officers review any articles you write prior to submission.

* Please don't associate the club with anything that is not in keeping with the inclusive, clean and family-friendly ideals of the club.

* Please run your idea by me before implementing.

Sincerely, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:57 pm 

I am re-publishing this post as it is still relevant and many of our new members may not have seen it. Ross