Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 am 

CONGRATULATIONS to TOM WASNEY, who just won a contest he didn't even know he had entered! :D

Tom probably didn't notice it, but his 09:51 entry today regarding the NJ car show was the 1,000th Posted Article in our club's history! (If you look in the lower left corner of the Forums menu page, you'll see the counter).

To other clubs who have been in existence longer than we have, this might not seem like a big deal, but I consider this a LANDMARK for the CTZCC! We have just Posted the FIRST ONE THOUSAND ARTICLES in our club's history!
:D

We started 2008 with about 260 posts. Late in May we asked you to become more involved with the Website and urged you to generate more discussion. You responded by Posting an average of over 250 Posts per month after that! Individual discussions have thrived and the Site is alive with information today!

You might have noticed the CTZCC "Command Staff" (your humble officers) have been strangely silent for the past few days ~ that's because we saw the 1,000th Post approaching and decided to generate an AWARD for whomever posted the winning article! All officers were ineligible, and we kept our big mouths shut (BOY! THAT was hard!) and watched the Forums hourly as the counter climbed. Off-screen, we were planning a little celebration (can you hear the corks pop?) to commemorate this milestone.

Our WebMaster, JIm Hagani, has created a Cyber Trophy, which he will present now!

Congratulations, Tom! And THANKS to all the other great members who have contributed to make the CT Z Car Club such a happy and fun success during its first year! (Now let's get busy on our SECOND THOUSAND posts!) :D

Z Ya!
Frank T
Membership Director of the
Best Z Car Club in the USA!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:52 am 

Tom,
Congratulations! You have been an active supporter of our club from the beginning and it is therefore fitting that you are recognized as our 1,000th poster. It was great to hang-out with you yesterday. We were going to issue a cash award of $1,000 for this recognition, but after discussion by the officers, we knew you would politely refuse it. So thanks for being an active poster and for saving our club that $1,000! Ross

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 am 

Congratulations Tom!! My understanding is that Frank's keyboard was just about ready to explode over the past few days, he's shown great withstraint!!

Ross, couldn't we at least award Tom 1,000 pennies!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:22 am 

:D HaHa! You guys are funny!

Naw ~ I say we just let Tom eat 1,000 FREE hotdogs during the October Outing!

TOM, YOUR FIRST THOUSAND HOTDOGS ARE FREE AT THE OCTOBER EVENT!

What could be better than that?

Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:41 am 

Thanks guys, I love hot dogs, not quite that much though, I'll humbly accept my recognition, FELLOW Z CLUB MEMBERS, just kidding, lol... I'm glad to push the club, it's members and all our activities as we all share our admiration for our awsome Z cars.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:57 pm 

I find it significant that the 1,000th posted article was a report (and a darned good one, too) about a club function. The winning Post could have been about anything ~ but as luck had it, it was one of our members extolling the virtues of getting together with his fellow Z owners and Day Trippin' onto foreign soil to fly the club flag at a neighboring event. BRAVO! It would be hard to imagine any better reason for the 1,000th Post.

A few days ago, Webmaster Jim Hagani showed us officers the Cyber Trophy he created for the 1,000th entry. It's cool, and I'm sure Tom will enjoy seeing it sitting atop his Cyber Mantle long into his future years. Jim is apparently out today, getting Tom's name inscribed in gold letters into the Platinum plate. When he returns with the completed trophy, I'm sure he will make the presentation himself, and probably post it on the CTZCC Homepage for all to enjoy.

While Tom Wasney basks in all his newfound glory and attention, I would like to sincerely thank all the club members who made the previous 999 Posts, thereby enabling Tom's entry to be so significant.

Rumor has it that Ross is considering giving his beautiful Black Pearl to the member who makes the SECOND THOUSANDTH Post, so y'all need to get busy and WRITE before he changes his mind!

Z Ya!
Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Tom:

Here it is, hot off the cyber-trophy assembly line, your well-deserved trophy to proudly display on your computer monitor...

This milestone is, of course, first and foremost a testament to the devotion and enthusiastic participation of ALL of our club members.

Congratulations to EVERYONE - Tom gets the cyber-trophy, but we all get the grand prize: a uniquely friendly, active and cohesive Z club.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in our forums. We have 1,000 posts under our belt, so let's keep things revved up!

ENJOY!

- Jim Hagani
webmaster@ctzcc.com

Attachments:
1000forumpostaward.jpg
1000forumpostaward.jpg [ 119.99 KiB | Viewed 11652 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:24 pm 

I'm envious!! :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:37 pm 

Thanks Jim and all, I just right clicked on it to print it out and by God it's pretty impressive. I'll have to hang it on my corkboard over my computer desk, i love the Platinum and Gold it was struck from......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this Club!

Frank T
(Still on my 1st Z car ~ but for the 2nd time!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:22 pm 

Congratulations, Tom!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:01 pm 

Mike, every chance I get I wander thru your great photo album! I have seen many of your restoration pix before (stayed up all night once, going thru them one at a time) but your recent additions of the '07 Hemmings show at LRP and this most-recent LRP Vintage race show out-do all your earlier efforts! Great job!

I especially enjoyed these: The C-Jags (photos #2 + 18 ), the "catamaran" Ferrari (#17), the Roadster (#23-24), the 3 Austin Healey 100-4s (#26), and a comparison btwn the old open-wheel Cooper formula cars ~ the early ones had vertical shocks and the "later" ones (1963?) had canted shocks. They were the first to try that and everyone jumped on the idea immediately thereafter. (#8 + 19 ).

In the '07 Hemmings pix, thank you for the Desmodromic Ducati cafe racer (#17 of 63), and WHAT is that Toyota GT-looking thing? It appears twice; once in the '07 Hemmings show (#53) and again at LRP Vintage paddock in #25? It has British Leyland flags on the fenders and the bonnet opens like a Jaguar, but I can't read the nose badge.

Again, great shots of very interesting cars. If you ever have a spare hour, try wandering thru AirJockie's gallery!

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:30 pm 

http://z.modeltrainguide.com/gallery/vi ... d=100_0079

^ This car? The badge said Marcos. At the Hemmings show (where Tom took a trophy, by the way!) there was a story that accompanied this car... it's a Marcos GT I believe.

The vintage races are still going on - Monday is the finale. There was a datsun roadster and a 510 racing in their respective classes. The announcer mentioned Bob Sharp, giving credit to Mr Sharp and his team for introducing Datsun to the east coast. I'm glad you enjoy my photo gallery, Frank. I have a lot more limerock pictures from Saturday that I haven't pushed to the server yet. I also have some videos that I'll have to figure out how to share.

Going to find airjockie's photos now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 am 

Wow~ a Marcos! They were rare in the 1960s, and the ones I recall didn't look quite that refined. They were almost sort of a "kit car" that tried to look like a Ferrari or a Bizzarini, with a wooden frame (not unusual then ~ Morgans still did that too), weird doors, and a dizzying array of available engines (almost anyone else's engines would fit in there, and Marcos never made their own engines, I don't think). Some of the larger V8s could really make them fly.

Did they make you buy a Pit Pass to get that close to the cars, or was the Paddock open to the public?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 am 

Frank, The Marcos was powered by a Volvo straight 6 cylinder, my other favorite cars, that was used in the Volvo 164 models. Really a nice motor, the first year I got in to Volvos I had 6 Volvo cars, 3 of them were 164's, i still have photos of them around, handsome cars with a distinctive front end styling............