Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:23 pm 

The Connecticut Z Car Club had so many happy events crammed into July 2008, the month seems to have flown past! This report, submitted in the first week of Aug08, took longer to compile because I wanted to ensure I didn't miss the mention of any of the key events. Try as I may, I submit this with the feeling that something has escaped me ~ as if I missed an event or something. If I failed to mention anything(s) in this report, please feel free to chime in and remind me.

Our biggest event of July of course, was our FIRST ANNUAL Z CAR SHOW, which turned out to be wildly successful. Altho only about 15 cars pre-registered in our Poll, 65 Z cars entered the gate, 59 of them for show! :D
This was the first experience some of us had at running a car show, but you almost couldn't tell that. Everything we wanted to have happen, did, and the only glitches expressed themselves as moments or two of humor as the day went along. We heard lots of feedback after the show and if there was any serious criticism or complaints, I didn't hear it. I know we did get some very positive suggestions for future shows, and I think we will incorporate each of them.

The club travelled to Lime Rock Raceway park in Lakeville CT for special events there, including a FREE (!) day-long class about the real-world of professional sportscar racing, presented by our very own racing Guru and six-time SCCA racing champion, the great Bob Sharp.

We travelled to the Backwoods Bash in CT and to other clubs' car shows in NY. We held our first Member Rides Car of the Month contest, which was won by a very deserving 260Z owned by member Mike Englehardt.
Our WebWizzard Jim Hagani tweaked the CTZCC Website still further, adding larger fonts and a scrolling news tape for members' convenience.

Our Forums now boast more than 880 articles, and the Member Rides photo gallery proudly displays 60 cars! (That's well on the way to our goal of 100 cars by 18Oct08. All we need now are just 40 more cars, which will come as new members join).
And that brings me to the final news ~

During the month of July 2008, we added FIFTEEN (15) NEW MEMBERS!
:D Z Owners from CT, RI, MA, NY and Chicago Ill joined us during July, bringing our registered members to 84! (And I personally know of several others who will climb aboard in August).

This club is growing in numbers and momentum. We have some of the most-exciting Z cars and Roadsters I've ever personally seen and, as President Ross keeps saying, "this isn't as much a CAR club as it is a PEOPLE club". After meeting and corresponding with some of the fascinating people who have joined us, I undrstnd his opinion. We are blessed with some of the most enthusiastic, positive, knowledgeable Z Car people (or "Zeeple" as one new member calls us) this side of Japan.

But in my opinion, the true value of this club is that we have Z owners of EVERY experience level...not just master mechanics or older, wiser, richer Z owners. We also have the NEXT generation of Z owners, who will keep these cars roadworthy for the next 40 years (and probably inherit the very cars some of us drive today! :roll:). SO, this club is forming the basis for the continuation of the Z car far into the future. I was extremely happy to see so many members of "Generation X" at the car show in Darien last month, doing all the same stuff to their old Z cars we had to do when we owned them in our 20s and 30s. And they seemed grateful for a few minutes of counsel from the greyhaired group, from whom they learned a trick or two about their cars.
And YES, before you say it ~ we are now raising "Generation Z" :lol:

Thanks everyone, for a really fun month. A special "HELLO and WELCOME" to these newest members of our family, who we hope to meet in person and swap stories with soon:

Jersey Joe (NJ)
Big Gar (MA)
1StockZ
RoadsterZ (CT)
BillyLogan (CT)
Mugens108 (CT/NY)
KevinR (CT)
Zeekers (CT)
Bengel280 (CT)
Alllan71 (CT)
OZZinc
PaulMackin (RI)
RickyTL (MA)
Viper10 (CT) and
Tengu (Chicago, Ill)!

Z Y'all Later!
Frank T
Membership Director
1970 240 #02807

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:20 am 

Frank,
That was a great summary of the month of July - a very busy month for the club in terms of both members and activities. We continue to expand as a group of people centered around a common interest. I personally have grown much richer over the past year due to the relationships I've developed in this club. I think I can honestly say that I now know at least ten people that I didn't know a year ago that I could call if my z (or other vehicle) broke down on the side of the road. Friends like that are hard to come by - but for some reason they come along pretty regularly in this club!

So if you've been browsing the discussion forum or have joined the discussion forum but have not officially joined our club, please do so. It is free, easy and entirely confidential. All you need to do is to click on the "Join our Club" link at the upper left of our home page. Once you join you will be entitled to a parts discount at Nissan Darien and will receive periodic newsletters via e-mail.

Hope to see all of you at future club events! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:25 pm 

Great synopsis Frank and I'm sure there'll be plenty more as the months go on. Based on the July activity, I am getting a little antsy for some more Z fun, let me check the event calendar!!