Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: IS THERE A PROBLEM?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:20 am 

"Ahhhh, what we have here is, 'failure to communicate'" (From Paul Newman's "COOL HAND LUKE", 1967). (Sorry, Paul).

Folks, I getting a bit nervous.

Today, only three weeks from our 1st Annual Z Car Show, only EIGHT of you have indicated an intent to show your car, and fewer than a dozen have said they will even attend. We've had better turn-outs for early morning coffee runs.

Show preparations require the advance order and purchase of lots of stuff, all paid out-of-pocket by your club officers. In order to know how much "stuff" to buy, we simply need to know how many cars and people to expect.

PLEASE go to the "WHAT's NEW" Forum, and select the Post marked "Sticky Poll", and tell us what you THINK your status will be for the show.

This is a single Mouse-Push on a single button. You aren't held to your decision and there's no penalty for changing your mind. Just PLEASE give us your BEST GUESS about weather or not you think you can attend and or show your car. We need that info ystrdy!

If there's a problem we're unaware of, please notify us of it NOW!
Press somebody's "PM" button and tell us why only 8 of you want a car show this year.

Thanks
Frank
Mbrship Dir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:28 pm 

Thanks Frank. I thought I would post pictures of the items for the goodie bags including the T-shirts: Regards, Ross

Attachments:
IMG_2638.jpg
IMG_2638.jpg [ 65.67 KiB | Viewed 6270 times ]
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg [ 220.45 KiB | Viewed 6272 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 pm 

Although it may have been, our event should be posted up an any Z site people can think of, if it's already there a reminder should be posted also... Zcar.com z31.com, hybridZ.com, classicZcar.com, twinturbo.net, etc,etc................ IMHO.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:09 pm 

Tom ~

Quite Right, old fellow! Jolly good on ya'.

Some one has been detailed to do that and it has shown on some of those sites already, HOWEVER ~ it never hurts to post reminders, as you said.

Looking fwd to seeing you at this car show, stuffed full of hotdogs and ice cream, with your arms full of trophies.

Thanks for THINKING!!! :D

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:39 pm 

I was planning on refreshing my event posts on Zcar and Hybridz. I also will additionally post it the Zcar Car Talk forum.....

Post subject: Nevermind.....
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:34 pm 

I posted it on about 6 or 7 Z sites..... DONE........

Attachments:
100_0369-1.JPG
100_0369-1.JPG [ 82.29 KiB | Viewed 6255 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:42 pm 

TEAMWORK!

:wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:47 pm 

We just finished with the Backwoods Bash, which we sponsored, and only two people from the CTZCC club showed up! This is confusing considering many were interested in a "track day" this can't happen at Darien Nissan you'll have to actually drive your cars guys. Anyway I guess we see you at the show next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:56 pm 

Rich,

I was planning to make a run up there this afternoon but my Z's brakes have been acting a little odd the last few days. Not sure what happened, the last thing I did was install my WB O2 sensor which meant running some wires etc around the brake booster. Thought I might have knocked a vacuum line loose, but I can't find anything. Took her out this afternoon and the pulsating pedal seemed to slowly get better the more I drove.

Are you guys there tomorrow (Sunday)? Also, does the $30 registration fee apply to cars entered in the competions only? or does it apply to anyone who just wants to stop by and hang out for a few hours?

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:41 am 

FINAL ANALYSIS ~
For anyone casually reading this Post in the future, I would like to say that this show turned out in GRAND fashion. In spite of our concerns about the piddly response to our Poll, we got nearly over-run with Z cars! It was a serious challenge for the membership to judge them, 'cause they were all startling entries. Over 65 Zs entered the lot, about 60 of them for show. It was a great day.

Just goes to show we can't bet too much $ on what popular opinion seems to be at any given moment; when it comes down to the final moment, you find there were FAR more people interested in this thing than the Poll showed.

Wonder how we could use that for the '08 Presidential campaign?

Frank T
MbrshpDir