Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm 

TO ALL HANDS ~

During May I sent an EMail to each club member (via Ross Williams, who holds the database in confidence), urging YOU to make more use of our CTZCC website. My intent was to stimulate conversation in the Forums, so that passing "Web Surfers" would see that we are an active club and become interested in joining us. This E-Mail, sent during the first week of June, is intended to show you how well we (YOU!) did.

Let me begin by stating that during January 2008, we had two (2) new members register. In February we had two (2) more join. In March we gained five (5) and in April another five (5). That gave us fourteen (14) new members during the first four months of 2008. NOT BAD!

Then, I asked YOU to start posting more on the 'Site.

Here's what YOU did:

During the month of May 2008, YOU posted more than 265 entries in 69 Threads. For the first time since the 'Site opened, we had to add a SECOND PAGE to two Threads, just to display the traffic! YOU opened a new Forum (Raves & Gripes) and quickly began filling it, and the Member Rides forum EXPLODED to show 42 cars! But most impressive of all, YOU ADDED EIGHTEEN NEW MEMBERS!

That's right ~ just by showing the passing world that we have a pulse in here, YOU drew in more members in a single month than had joined in the previous four months!

Z what we can do together?

YOUR posts drew comments (and members!) from Connecticut, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, and as far away as Washington State! Their comments and questions involved every level of technical expertise, from a new car not starting, to stripping two of the very oldest 240Z cars down to the bare metal shells and rebuilding them piece by piece. Our new members bolstered our membership to include such expertise as an Aerodynamics Engineer with years of hands-on wind tunnel work, a Dynamometer expert, a classic car restoration professional, a former Datsun Z Car line mechanic, and the SCCA Champion racing legend Bob Sharp!

And YOU did all that, just by using YOUR website for a month! WHO'S BETTER THAN YOU?!!! YOU'RE growing the best Z Car club in the United States! I'd bet you could ask any question on our website now, and get an accurate answer from someone who's familiar with the problem.

I'm proud to say our Members list was one of the areas which needed additional pages to list all the new traffic! Our Actively-Registered members are now more than half our database, and we almost always have some curious Guest cruising through our website. The members we have on-hand now are friendly, active in the club, and DRIVE THE WORLD'S MOST-POPULAR SPORTS-GT CARs! I'm excited about this club, its future, and the fun we're all having each time we get together.

I encourage you (YOU!) to continue the great momentum YOU'VE built up during May! The results prove how well YOUR efforts are working. Don't wait for the next member to open a new Thread ~ start one yourself! Ask a technical question. Ask if anyone has that special part your car needs (or needs that special part you have!). Tell us a funny story about your car. Add a new photo of your car in the Member Rides. Show us a picture of your 4-year-old learning the shift pattern in your Z, or drooling down your Webers! Keep up the great work YOU did last month. Pick up on an old Thread, to see what became of the original problem. I promise you'll learn something new about these wonderful cars from every discussion you have with another Z owner.

And MOST IMPORTANT: PLEASE dash-off a quick "Hello" and "Welcome Aboard" to every new member who joined our ranks last month! They came in here because they liked what they saw, and what they saw was YOU. Even a quick note goes a long way in making a new joinee feel welcome. And you already know them ~ they're Z people!

In case you've been busy, here's a list of the newest joins (just in MAY!). If you haven't said hello to each of them yet, please make today the day:

Tom.Wasney
RSharp
Paul Jensen
EricNJttZ
Zila_Joe
KatherinEmbra
Greg.Emmons
Phil280ZXT
MikeAtrpl
David.Russell
Dan.Linquist
ZGarage
Synnikal
MZivarts
JimC
Dale Corbin
Michael Engehardt, and
Dayton

And THANKS for what YOU did for the club in May!

Z Ya Later!
Frank T
:D