Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 100 by 10/18
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 pm 

People and organizations usually perform best when they set a stretch goal. So here is one for the club: I would like to see us have 100 cars on the Member Rides board by our October 18th Fall Outing, which marks the official end of our 2008 season. We currently have 41 photos on our board, which is a great start. But, we have over 105 club members and that number continues to climb.

So if you don't already have photos out there why are you hiding them? We want to see your Z regardless of what shape you feel it is in!

Post them now - you can always delete and replace them later.

Thanks, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 pm 

Jim Hagani came up with the suggestion of making this a little more interesting. Every individual that uploads one or more photos of their Z (or 510 / roadster) will be entered into a drawing to be held at our Fall outing on October 18th. Folks that have already uploaded photos will also be included. The winner will receive a framed Bob Sharp poster, personally presented and signed by Bob Sharp. Now that should be enough of an incentive to get those pictures uploaded! Sincerely, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

That is truly an awesome prize...

Ross, please send our collective "THANK YOU" to Bob for his relentless support of our club!

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:06 pm 

I echo Jim's sentiments!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 am 

PROGRESS!

Ross, since you wrote this on 02Jun08, we have added seven cars, for a total of 48 as of this writing. NOT BAD, but we can still do better. (Seven cars every 3 weeks will only just meet our goal!).

I will be sending personal mail to each member who hasn't yet posted a picture of his/her Z. I want to encourage EACH of us to send in at least 3 shots of their car, so they'll be eligible for the Car of the Month Award.

Don't wait for my letter ~ if you haven't posted pictures of your car in the Member Rides section, do it, do it , do it. If you're having any problems getting your pictures to post, please ask for help.

Z Ya!
Frank T
Mbrship Director

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Frank:

Don't forget to mention the drawing we will be having for the Bob Sharp poster signed by the man himself! Only members who have posted to their Member Rides album will be eligible to win that great prize (see Ross' post towards the top of this page for full details...)

= Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:30 pm 

MORE PROGRESS!

As of today (26Jun) we're up to 51 cars! Thanks to Vince, Agner, Doug, Rich, Ryan, Bill, Robert, Jesse, Dave and Scott!

That's 10 cars in less than a month. Great work so far.

But we have only 4 more months to bring in the remaining 49 cars to make our deadline. So we still have to keep pushing and there's no time to relax ~ PLEASE put in your photo today!

(If your BUDDY has not posted his car yet, LEAN on him please!)

Post subject: EVEN MORE PROGRESS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:35 am 

As of 21July we have 58 cars displayed in our MEMBER RIDES! :D

That's about 7 additional cars over the past 30 days. At that rate we should reach our 100-car goal Btwn Thanksgiving and Christmas, but NOT by the 18Oct deadline.

It's time to start whipping our horses and speed this project up. There were TONS of great photos taken of our cars at our First Annual Z Car Show on Saturday/19July, so even if you can't take good pictures of your own car, you can enter a picture someone else took for you!

AND ~ you members who own MULTIPLE CARS can obtain separate passwords from WebWizzard Jim Hagani and enter separate photos of each car. PLEASE remember that just because your Z car or Roadster is a garage queen and doesn't see the road yet doesn't mean we won't find it interesting. Some of the most intriguing photos are those of project cars, because we all can imagine what we'd like to do to them to make them "Right".

YOU NEWER MEMBERS ~ we're really serious about getting your Z cars or Roadsters into our Member Rides gallery. You can help us make our goal of 100 cars by 18Oct. Please contact Webmaster Jim (WebMaster@CTZCC.Com) and request a password for the Member Rides gallery for EACH of your cars. Once you have the password, you can change (or add!) photos of the car as it progresses.

If anyone has problems or questions please feel free to press my PM button and send me a private message.

Thnx in Adv~
Frank T
Membership Director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm 

You gotta be in it to win it!

Just a reminder that one lucky winner will be driving home from our Fall Outing with a framed Bob Sharp Racing poster signed and presented by Bob himself.

All you need to do to be entered into the drawing is to upload pictures of your car onto the Member Rides Board.

So get your pictures uploaded so that you have a chance to put that framed poster in the back of your Z on October 18th!

Hope to see you there. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:16 pm 

TIME'S AWASTIN'!!!
Well, we're at the end of August and we're up to 65 cars (66, if you count Rich A's old white Z32, which has been Black Flagged by an immovable object). We need 35 more cars within the next 50 days to make our deadline. :shock:

The folks who will help us most in this goal will be those who have multiple cars, but only sent us photos of the "good" one. GUYS! LISTEN UP! WE WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR PROJECT AND PARTS CARS! Every Z is exciting to us, regardless of the condition. They all invoke memories or fantasies and when we're this close to making our goal, EVERY CAR COUNTS!

PLEASE run out to the garage (or the "Back 40") and snap a picture of that old Z you've had covered by the tent or shower curtain or tarp, waiting for the day you get enough "Spare Money" (hahahaha) to begin working on it.

Thanks for the recent additions from Tom, Ken, James, Mike, Ron, Kevin, Joe, Paul, Jim, Ryan, Jesse, Dave and Vince. (Doug Vanderaue, that's a racy looking turbo you sent us ~ is there a car attached? May we see it, please?). (AirJockie, I KNOW you have a bunch of Zs ~ enter each of them for us to enjoy, OK?)

In case you forgot how to do this ~ Our WebWizzard, Jim Hagani, has your Member Rides gallery account password. If you don't have one yet, contact him (WebMaster@CTZCC.Com). IT'S FREE! If you forgot your old password (as I have :oops: ), he has it on record.

Anyone with pix of their own car in the Gallery is eligible for the Bob Sharp autographed poster.
Good luck to all!

Z Ya Later ~
Frank T
MbrshpDir

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:38 am 

So if your one guy with 4 cars posted, does that count as 4 or one person?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:44 am 

Paul,
The drawing will based on the number of people that have uploaded pictures, not the number of cars. So people with multiple cars will have one name in the hat. Good quesiton and thanks for asking. Regards, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 am 

OK, I apparently misunderstood how the winner will be choZen.

I just now edited my Post and removed the allegation that "more cars entered means better chances of winning". That's apparently not true. The winner of the Bob Sharp poster will be choZen among OWNERS, not among CARS. My apologies.

But that wasn't the point I was originally trying to make, anyway ~
President Ross' goal of getting 100 cars displayed in the Member Rides gallery in time for the October Outing is what I'm harping about, and in that matter, multiple car owners can help us greatly by Posting pix of their "other" cars. As long as they're yours, and they're Z cars or Roadsters or 510s, we'd love to see them. (No Porsches or RX7s, please).

Thanks Paul, for getting that cleared up. I want to win an autographed BoB Sharp poster so much, I might have run out and bought a few more Z cars to enter! Now I can save my money and help pay for Tom's first 1,000 hotdogs at the October outing!

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am 

oops, I just added 2 more, hehe. I kinda new that's what you ment but who know's if you don't asked the stupid questions first. Well I just updated my photos a little bit, so now you can see the 240 better and the 83t I added some accesories, since I got talked in to keeping her. We are also going to look at a z32 convertable for the wife, keep my fingers cross it's as good as he says, could have a new one to the family. (the new cars posted are just a funny) 8=D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 am 

When I first announced this contest, we had 41 members who had posted photos on our Member RIdes section. We now have 72, which is an incredible increase!

That being said, we have 160 people that have signed up to be Members. So if you are reading this and haven't posted photos on the Member Rides board, this message is for you!

There are a lot of connections being made within this club and also a lot of money being saved as one club member finds in his garage just the part that another club member is in dire need of. I personally have felt a great sense of satisfaction by giving to other club members, parts I've had for years that were gently used or in some cases brand new. These connections are being forged by getting to know each other both on the discussion forums and via the Member Rides section.

So post those photos and become better known within the club. Your new best friend could be just waiting in the wings to meet you!

PS - Plus as previously mentioned, all members that have post photos on this board will be e3ntered into a drawing for a framed Bob Sharp Racing poster signed and presented by Bob Sharp!