Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:54 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:32 pm 

MORE PROGRESS. The end of September is closing in, and today I count 75 cars in the Member Rides gallery! Great work so far!

We have just joined about a dozen new members, who have all been encouraged to introduce themselves and Post pictures of their Z cars. This will help tremendously, too.

We have about 3 weeks to add another 25 cars! Go take pictures of your parts cars, guys! Send in old photos of your Z from Yesteryear!

Keep the momentum up! Let's get those 100 cars by the 18Oct deadline!
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:32 am 

EVEN BETTER! GETTING THERE!

As of the final week of September we have 82 cars shown in the MEMBER RIDES gallery! :D

Doug Vanderaue, I'm not sure if your Turbo should count as a "car" or not ~ can we see what it is attached to please?

We now have about 3 weeks to find another 18 cars. THANKS to the multi-car members who took the time to enter their cars individually ~ take a look at Pat BurnZ if you need an example of how well this works for us!

Keep up the good work!
Frank T

*PS: THANKS PAUL :D I just saw your entries, too! Now we have 87 cars and 93 registered members! Only 13 more cars to go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 am 

Attention Race Fans:

In case you missed it on the last e-mail, attached is a copy of the Bob Sharp Racing print that will be raffled at our Fall Outing on the 18th. This is not a poster. Frankly I’m not sure what it is – but it looks phenomenal! It appears to be a photo that was printed on canvas and mounted on a wood frame. It has the look and touch of an oil painting but it is clearly a photo. An interior shot of Bob Sharp appears in the lower left and Bob signed it yesterday in the upper right.

This print will be framed and given away to one lucky club member that has uploaded photos onto our Member Rides board prior to 10/18. Each person who has uploaded photos (not each car) will be automatically entered into this raffle with the winner selected from a fish tank at our October outing. So if you haven’t uploaded any photos, now is the time to do so. It is easy to do: 1) e-mail our webmaster Jim Hagani (webmaster@ctzcc.com) and request a Member Rides ID/password, 2) go to the Member Rides page of our web-site (www.ctzcc.com), sign in and start uploading!

Attachments:
Poster.jpg
Poster.jpg [ 985.89 KiB | Viewed 5840 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 am 

DANG! That's beautiful!

It makes me want to (a) own the picture and (b) drive that car!

(Club Officers are ineligible to win this picture, so I'll just have to download it and print it out somehow. Some lucky Club member is going to be VERY happy with this in their garage/den/livingroom/kitchen! I'd probably Super Glue it to the ceiling above my bed!)

Hope this fits into the cargo deck of a Z car, so the winner doesn't have to strap it to the roof for the ride home!)

Frank T
MbshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:47 pm 

just 12 more needed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:18 pm 

Can we post pictures of previously owned cars also?

I have had six other z cars over the years.

I would have find the pictures which would be the hard part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 pm 

UPDATE:
As of 11Oct08, we now have 95 cars displayed in the MEMBER RIDES gallery! :D

Thanks for the recent entries by Kevin Riley, Clayton Pace, Chris Fitzsimmons, Allan Garcia, Bud Matakaetis, Nick Cotter, Dale Corbin and Kirk Towner! Among them they have recently displayed 11 more cars!

WE NEED ONLY 5 MORE CARS WITHIN THE NEXT 7 DAYS TO MAKE OUR GOAL OF 100 CARS BY THE ANNUAL FALL PICNIC :shock: That's great ~ and we can do it! (YES, BurnZ, feel free to post pix of your previous cars ~ somebody might recognize one of them as their current ride!)

Getting closer ~ pedal faster! :D

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:05 pm 

NINETY-EIGHT CARS! :D

As of midnight on Thurs/16Oct, we need only TWO MORE CARS to make our goal of 100 cars displayed in time for the Saturday picnic.

This has now come down to a RACE! Who will be the final two cars to cross our line and take our Checkered Flag? Whoever those Heroes are, we should devise an award of some kind for them!

THERE ARE ONLY 24 MORE HOURS LEFT TO DO THIS, FOLKS! WE ONLY NEED TWO MORE Z CARS OR ROADSTERS! Keep your eyes fixed on the final turn, to see who will be drifting thru it and into the final straightaway!

The Flagman is holding the Checker......the Race Queen is checking her lipstick......the Press are changing their flashbulbs......and Ross is shaking the Champagne......do I hear engines approaching?

Post subject: The last 2 ???
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:40 am 

Well there is my 75 2+2, and it is 99% complete as of now, just rusted as normal. Then the 86 I'm soon to get with a blown engine, but I'm trading my 81 for it. If this counts and is fair, let me know.

Attachments:
HPIM1714.JPG
HPIM1714.JPG [ 292.57 KiB | Viewed 5755 times ]
017[1].JPG
017[1].JPG [ 357.45 KiB | Viewed 5755 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:10 am 

Are they Z cars?

Are they YOUR Z cars?

THEY COUNT! POST 'em!

You can be our Hero.....(I can't sing that song, but the idea is that partZ cars and project cars COUNT as long as they're yours. They don't have to be registered or roadworthy). (LISTEN! In the background you can hear the crowd chanting in unison ~ "GO PAUL, GO! GO PAUL, GO")

C'mon Paul, slide that last corner and Redline your Tach across the finish line! Add the final two cars to bring us to Ross' goal of 100 cars before the end of today :P

Do it! Do it! DO IT! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:18 am 

(Friday morning, 17Oct)

NINETY-NINE CARS!

Thanks Rob, Gilles and Dave!

And the winner is...............?

(PS~ Gilles, you park like I do, so nobody bangs your doors :wink:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:08 pm 

Well, I added the 75 2+2 and put the 75 coupe in there as well. I don't know if I ever mentioned that one? Snce I don't own the z31 yet, that's what I got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:42 am 

DEADLINE DAY! This is 18Oct08. We have our picnic today.

MEMBER RIDES GALLERY REPORT

Fm: Membership Director
To: President Ross

Subj: MEMBER RIDES GALLERY REPORT

1. Mr. President, it pleases me to report to you that, as of Midnight last night (the cut-off moment for this effort), our Club Membership has entered a total of NINETY EIGHT [98] albums in the MEMBER RIDES, displaying NINETY-NINE [99] CARS and ONE [1] TURBOCHARGER.

2. 'Tho I've belted them and flayed them,
overworked and underpaid them,
and they photo'd cars from where they work and live,
They have done their best to please us ~ 'Tho the totals only tease us,
I'm convinced they gave us all they had to give! :roll:

3. I humbly suggest, Sir, that you ACCEPT the numbers and declare this effort a SUCCESS. In the process of this pursuit, we have increased the number of MEMBER RIDES cars by more than 150% since we started, and the number of registered users of this Website has climbed past 100!

4. I rest my case, and suggest you reward this fine effort by throwing a FREE PICNIC AT YOUR HOUSE for our diligent members!

YrFthflSrvnt,
Frank T
MbrshpDir

Last edited by Frank T on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:06 pm 

I hereby declare "Mission Accomplished". 98 is close enough to 100 and it's been great watching all of those pictures being posted. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially to Frank who worked the crowd and made this happen.

Great job everyone! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:19 pm 

And the winner is....Jim Jackson of Bellmore, NY

Congratualtions Jim!

For those that don't know Jim, he told me after he had won what a big fan he is of Bob Sharp and how special winning this print was to him.

Attachments:
DSC_3174.JPG
DSC_3174.JPG [ 69.04 KiB | Viewed 5686 times ]