Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:57 pm 

Your attention is directed to our new tribute to Liam on this Website's Homepage. This man is serving as an inspiration to us all. I speak with Liam by phone often and he continues to endure repetitive surgeries (sometimes two a week) and is making remarkable progress. Last month he stood on is own, without support! :shock: The Bethesda doctors are amaZed, but then again, they've never met a Marine Corps Z fanatic before. :lol:

PleaZe continue to support Liam and keep him in your prayers. He's paid a high price for our safety and security. Not a single terrorist act was committed against the US mainland since these men have taken the fight to the enemy abroad. That's wonderful, but as you can see, freedom is not free.

Liam is determined (DETERMINED) to remain in the Corps and to race again (possibly this Zeason!).

It's almost frightening to watch a determined man claw his way toward his goal against the odds! 8)

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:41 pm 

I'll be thinking of Sgt Liam Dwyer today on this, his one-year anniversary of escaping the Grim Reaper.

On 22May11, Liam was nearly killed by an IED while serving in Afghanistan. Although his wounds were severe, he's made incredible progress since then. This is one tough Marine, and I'm very proud to have him in the CTZCC.

Keep punching, Liam ~ you're doing better each day. We won't forget your sacrifices for our safety, buddy. While you served "over there", we didn't have a single terrorist attack "over here".

Osama bin Laden swore to kill four million Americans, plus one woman and one child (some kind of personal agenda). We sent our best men and women over there to make sure he didn't do that. He's no longer a problem.

Liam was recently decorated for his superior performance of duty in Afghanistan. Well deserved, Liam ~ congratulations.

Semper Fi ~
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 pm 

Sunday, 01July, Sgt Dwyer turns 31 years old! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Marine.

You've made a LOT of progress during this past year. You've stayed in the Corps, you got home for Leave and paraded your hometown on Memorial Day, you've recently been decorated for your duty in Afghanistan, and you've had countless successful surgeries. Altogether, a very successful year.

I'm looking forward to watching you race soon! Have a happy birthday, Liam!

Frank

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:41 am 

Check THIS out guys!

http://www.stripes.com/sports/u-s/marin ... g.facebook

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:28 am 

YeeeeeeHAAAAAA!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:48 pm 

I was at The Dover NASCAR races this weekend. Before the driver intros there are a few people that come up and talk about the race and race sponsors. The crowd kinda of pays attention and claps a little.

All of the sudden they started introducing Liam Dwyer and mentioned his miltary service and racing dream. Liam came out on the stage and the crowed stood up and cheered loudly. Well deserved. I did not expect to see him up there.

I enjoyed as they introduced each driver as they shook the hands of the sponsors and Liam too. Liam looked like he was having a good time.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm 

I wonder if Liam knows we're talking about him?!?! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 pm 

I found a video about Liam today but I'm having trouble posting it on here.

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:25 pm 

It's been awhile since we commented on Liam here, but he's been plenty busy during that period. We've seen him a few times at LRP for Bob Sharp Day (mentioned in posts on other subjects) and he has WON two races since leaving the hospital. He recently complained to the doctor of some hand pain and it was determined that he had driven an entire racing zeason with a dislocated thumb!

This video was made about Liam and I stumbled onto it just today. Please ignore and forgive the news lady who refers to Liam as a "soldier". He's a Marine, a totally different animal.

https://youtu.be/dTNINynIca4

Once on the video, you can scroll down to see some of the other recent videos made about our member Liam Dwyer.

Frank