Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:14 am 

I've had a lot of time to reflect on this club over the past few years and in my opinion, the best part of what has been created are the friendships that have evolved. Personally, I have been made richer through the experience of this club than almost anything else I have done in life.

We have many members struggling with personal situations such as severe health problems, divorce, long-term unemployment, etc. I strongly believe that the caring we show for one another not only benefits people in need but also benefits all of us and defines who we are as a club - more so than our cars do.

I therefore wanted to create a "Concerns" forum with the status on certain of our club members. Please note that I have either requested permission from these people to post their names and conditions OR they have already posted this information publicly on this forum.

Please keep the following members in your prayers and reach out to them if you see them at club meetings or events:

(in alphabetical order)
John Bianchi - sufferred a stroke in June
Robin Foote - lost his son in an automobile accident on May 16, 2010
Bill James - wife is being treated for brain cancer
Kathy Morgan - (Rick's wife) appears to have recently suffered a mini-stroke
Steve Sunbury - being treated for skin cancer (7 cancers removed, one of which was melanoma)

If you are dealing with a difficult situation and don't mind others being aware of it, please e-mail me and I will add your name to this list. I highly encourage you to allow your club to care for you by knowing of your difficulties.

When responding to this or any other post, please do not disclose personal information about other members without their prior permission.

NOTE: Let's try to keep a separate topic/thread for each club member in need of our support.

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:06 am 

Might be a good justification for creating the position of Club Chaplin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:39 pm 

Today, Sun/08Aug, would have been Colin Foote's birthday. This day must be especially hard for his family, since it's their first birthday without him.

Lets think of them, pray for them, and email them if you get a moment. Just let them know you're thinking of them and Colin today.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]