Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
  Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 pm 

RI driver loses license for 5 years after crash
October 29, 2010

SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. --A Rhode Island driver accused of fatally striking a motorcyclist after running a red light has lost her license for five years.

Laura Reale admitted in District Court in Washington County on Friday to being a habitual traffic offender. Authorities said she's been charged with seven motor vehicle offenses in the last three years alone.

Police say Reale ran a red light in May in Charlestown, striking and killing motorcyclist Colin Foote. Reale has been charged with driving to endanger, death resulting.

The case prompted a new state law that makes it easier to revoke the driver's license of someone convicted of multiple motor vehicle violations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 pm 

By Michael P. McKinney
Journal Staff Writer

SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. -- Laura A. Reale, the Westerly woman accused of running a red light and crashing into the motorcycle driven by Colin Foote, killing him, lost her license for five years on Friday after she admitted in District Court to being a habitual offender.

Laura A. Reale in court Meanwhile, across the hallway in Washington County Superior Court, a pretrial conference on the charge of driving to endanger, death resulting, was continued to Nov. 22 by Judge Edwin J. Gale.

Outside the courtroom, Richard "Robin" Foote, the father of Colin, and 11 other family members and friends put on T-shirts bearing the words, "She had 19 driving violations. Her 20th killed Colin Foote."

In the habitual offender matter in District Court, the prosecutor said that Reale was charged with seven offenses over the past three years.

Colin Foote died May 18 when, police have said, Reale ran a red light and slammed into Foote in Charlestown.

The Foote family has launched a website -- www.colinslaw.org -- and told reporters that they are also going to do a billboard campaign around the state.

The mission, Foote said, is to prevent more traffic fatalities by highlighting new safety technologies and tools for law enforcement and the courts, "to save other families from having to go through this horrible tragedy."

Attachments:
mrfoote1029.jpg
mrfoote1029.jpg [ 40.64 KiB | Viewed 119952 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:15 pm 

God Bless our buddy Robin Foote and his family. I frequently consider what they are still going thru with this tragedy. I am very proud of him for the forceful and unrelenting campaign he has mounted, in his effort to protect others from suffering this agony.

Laura Reale losing her license for 5 years is a token gesture. Appropriate, and legally necessary, but a token nonetheless. She will certainly spend those 5 years (and more) incarcerated, so the loss of her driving privileges will not effect her in the least.

Altho it is not clear from the news release, I hope she has now become the very first offender to lose her license under the very same COLIN's LAW she personally made necessary.

Keep punching, Robin. We're with you.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:57 pm 

New Videos:

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2010/oct/ ... ar-274896/

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news ... -foote-act

http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode_ ... ter_crash/

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/10/drive ... ality.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:26 pm 

I am soo proud of the Foote family. And Reale needs more than just having her license taken away for 5yrs. And yes keep punching Robin!

Post subject: Keep Punching
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 pm 

Thanks Guys for the continued encouragement! I have another surprise. Before I reveal it however, I would like to request that each of you who may be following our battle for Colin, go to his website at www.ColinsLaw.org. Please consider registering with your name and email. This is the best way we can get important information to you. We will request shortly that everyone who can, write a letter to the Judge who will pass judgement on her sentence since we expect she will plea to the charges soon. Details on who and where to write will be forthcoming in the next week or so. Please also spread the word to your friends with a request to visit the site as we will gain greater visibility on the popular search engines like Google, Yahoo etc.

Thanks again,

Robin

Now here's a link to the latest news of the day:

http://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/arti ... 002e0.html

First Owned - New 72' GREEN 240Z
2nd Owned - Used BLUE 74' 260Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm 

This is great news! I feel you will be a believable candidate and an effective state Senator. You are educated, well spoken, and a positive, recognizable figure. You already have a proven 100% track record for getting things done ~ your first goal was a positive improvement to RI residents, and was approved and enacted with record speed.

But I hate to see your clean life and integrity rub too closely against the grime of politics.

We out-of-staters can't write you in or vote for you, but you sure have our support! It would be very cool for you to replace Laura Reale's family member in the RI state senate, and for our little Club to have a state senator as a member!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 pm 

I'm in complete agreement with Frank. I'm also honored to be in the same club with a man who not only talks the talk but walks the walk. Robin, you are an inspiration to all of us. Well done sir and Good Luck in your election bid.

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z
1982 280zx, 1977 &1974 corvettes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 pm 

Frank,

You continue to humble me. Too bad you don't live closer, you'd make a great contributor to a campaign. However, as a write-in candidate at literally the last minute, I had little chance of a win - but I believe a message has been delivered. This does not stop me at all as we have our work cut out for us through the new ColinsLaw.org organization. As we bring our sights to bear upon one or two achievable goals, this will help maintain our momentum and effect some real change. Saving only one life will make it all worthwhile ... and I know Colin will be keeping count.

Thanks so much,

Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:58 pm 

In our particular district here in CT we have a great State Rep, Vinnie
Candelora (R). Sadly, he is the only one in our contingent who is worth
his keep. For starters, our State Sen is Ed Meyer (D), who talks a good
game, but that's about it. I have had occasion to contact him three times
since he has been in office for help on certain matters, but in the final
analysis all I got were promises, platitudes, and rhetoric. Action? What's
that? But he smiles nicely for the camera, does more photo ops "than the
law allows," and tells people what they want to hear, so I guess he is
eminently qualified to be a politician. Don't even get me started about the
National level.................Wish we had a Robin Foote here in CT instead of
some of the lying, inept cucuzzi we have: some "forever" and some newly
elected!!!!! Want some names?

FWIW,..........Rick (yeah, and Kathy feels exactly the same way.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 pm 

Right Rick. The Bible explains that "all government shall be on HIS shoulders", and any attempts Man makes at governing himself are doomed to failure. We're just being allowed to try every type of self-government we can devise, before God returns to take back over.

Don't let it get to you. It's all bound to fail. It has to, and it should. Just stand back and look at the big picture and accept that Man can't make things work here. It was Satan's idea for Adam & Eve (mankind) to rebel and try to run things ourselves. Satan's doomed ~ his time is known to God.

Sit back and consider every type of government man has ever tried throughout human history. They have all failed. This one will too. There is only ONE type of government which is perfect and which will last forever ~ God's Kingdom.

God is patiently watching us try and try and try again to govern ourselves correctly. It just won't happen, and He knows it. We don't, yet. But by the time Heaven's angels come here and bind up Satan and his followers, and restore God's Kingdom on the Earth, we will have tried every kind of government we can think of and realize only His way is perfect.

Chill out, my brother. Relax. It's all in The Plan. :wink:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 pm 

Good thing God loves the Z car - or we would have to move the previous post to a new religion-based "off-topic" forum! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:16 am 

I don't get the loss of her license for 5 years. If she was out of jail we all know she would get back behind the wheel. Does the loss of license start once she has served her sentence? They should punish anyone who lets her drive their vehicle during the suspension period even if that is in 50 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 am 

Hi Steve,

Good points and question. Her 5 year suspension from District Court starts with the conviction. The Superior Court which will decide her fate/sentence for killing Colin will also issue a 5-year suspension to be effective when she gets out of prison. Although, we have been given assurance that she'll likely never get her license back because of many obstacles that will be put before her every time she re-applies.

Hopefully we will be successful in getting her the max. 10-year prison term. Very difficult if she pleas - but we're going to try our best. Will be starting a 21 statewide billboard campaign next week. I'll try to up-load for all to see.

Thanks,

Robin Foote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 pm 

Colin's Bill Board(s) Hit RI
CONGRATS Robin nice work !!
http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2010/nov/ ... ar-286436/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next