Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:02 am 

I am noticing large price differences in Full set prices for rubber seals and weather strips. Is there a justifiable difference in quality verses price or are some sellers just more expensive ?
I am going to be starting out with paint and body work and am looking for recommendations.

Next will be suspension bushings etc. as mine are 39 years old. Is Prothane the way to go on those ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 am 

So-called "full" kits from MSA and BD have pieces typically made by PRP - Precision Replacement Products. These kits usually vary in the pieces contained, so shop carefully to understand exactly what parts you are and are not getting - hence some difference in pricing. Historically the PRP items for doors, hatch and windshield glass, and hatch seal have been a bit fat and difficult to use. Vintage Rubber also produces their own kit of exceptional quality and price! A lot of OE rubber bits are still available thru Nissan but not as a kit.

Exercise caution when considering poly bushings for your suspension - they will give you a seriously harsh and noisy ride. Unless you are tracking the car on a regular basis, rubber bushings are much better for a street car. I recently pulled new poly bushings in favor of returning to factory rubber and am very pleased with the improvement.

ZCON 2015 Gold Cup - Street Modified class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 am 

I have not found "Rubber" bushing kits when I have googled them. Do you have any suggestions for resources ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:01 am 

FM6 wrote:
I have not found "Rubber" bushing kits when I have googled them. Do you have any suggestions for resources ?

When I said factory rubber bushings I mean genuine Nissan products. Nissan does not "kit" these items, so you need to identify your part numbers and order them from your Nissan dealer. The online parts catalog at http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30 ... fault.aspx is a place to start, or check with the parts counter guys at your dealer for help in getting P/N's. Typically when you order thru your dealer, have parts shipped to the dealer for pickup and avoid shipping costs to your home.

ZCON 2015 Gold Cup - Street Modified class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:31 am 

Our member Quinn Bannon works for his father's Nissan Dealership. I get all my parts from those guys at great prices! Highly recommend them.

County Line Nissan
2191 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury, CT 06762
(203) 758-8221