Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm 

Not sure why I haven't seen this one before, but here's an excellent video of Our Hero Bob Sharp and his ALMS champion race son Scott Sharp, discussing their past. The location is Bob's 'man cave' at home here in CT.

http://youtu.be/PgCcIvcfzXE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing this link, Frank. This is an excellent video - having the two generations "chatting" about racing past and present, getting a sense of how Scott grew up in and around cars (especially Z's)...just terrific.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 am 

Great video! I wish it was longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am 

Boy if I had the capabilities to ban people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 am 

["Boy if I had the capabilities to ban people!"]

You do.

Just press the red "REPORT" button you see on each post. Moderators will then examine the post and determine why it caused you any alarm, and delete it if it is offensive. That's why you don't see the post you're referring to on here today. It's been wiped out.

Our website is highly successful because the Club Officers have agreed on a set of standards for what is acceptable in our posts. We don't allow swearing or coarse language, or disclosure of members' personal information, or verbal attacks on each other. We also don't allow spam, which was what happened to this thread. I also noticed that entry about 8hrs ago and pressed the "REPORT" button (others probably did, too), which set off alarms deep inside the CTZCC Website Monitoring Station. A team of highly trained technicians (no doubt working the overnight watch shift) gathered to examine the problem and deleted the post.

Spambots like to lay eggs on popular and active websites. If Uncle Phil ever gets time to publish our monthly statistics, you'll see this website gets constant use and viewing, 'round the clock, from viewers in different timezones. We are one of the most (if not THE most) popular Z sites on the internet today. The web crawlers love to invade us when they can, and every so often we'll see some absurd advertisement posted as an answer to one of our threads, like you saw happen here. Sometimes they are in foreign languages, like this one was.

Each of us can help protect our great website by pressing REPORT anytime we see a violation of good taste on our threads. Some visitors or even members forget we don't cuss or swear on here and just get carried away, so it's up to each of us and all of us to help keep the website clean. There's no personal offense involved in having our comments 'cleaned up', it's just Club policy. And it works.

The CTZCC has grown constantly in membership because of our common respect for each other. We really strive to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere in here, so members aren't afraid to involve their kids and wives with the Club. We don't drink at meetings or events, have never had a fistfight or arrest, have never been kicked out of anyplace or asked not to return. I can show you a LOT of other clubs who can't say any of that. Our membership continues to grow, while many other clubs are struggling.

Please continue to help keep our great website clean and friendly by reporting posts which sound......'wrong'. If you wouldn't want your kid or wife to read it, report it. :wink:

Frank