Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 pm 

I had to share this, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42Tbm8w ... _embedded#!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:53 pm 

theZman wrote:
i'll take a Hemi Cuda. :D

cool, I'll make enough space for that for you. I like the cuda a lot too! I was actually thinking of adding that t my list but thought I'm getting too greedy.. you have a good taste on cars pal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:00 pm 

that toy ad is cool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:25 pm 

i clearly remember that ad but wasn't a Z lover...yet. once i bought my 83 280zxt it was all over.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 pm 

as child, before I first heard of 240z, I desperately wanted a 280zx 2 -seater either in white or metallic brown. there was a guy who had BOTH. he lived 15 miles from my home (I'm not totally sure of the colors as I saw both cars only once. my mom told me who the owner was but we never just happened to see them.) it was quite a coincidence anyway that there was someone who had those as there were only a few zx's in the whole country. I lost my sleep over a red zx that my dad was chasing on a windy country road in a 1981 white bluebird sss. we were making a weekend trip or something in the southern finland and this red zx over took us and my dad tried to chase him but couldn't keep up the pace of the zx for long. at some point we did over 100mph, the fastest the sss could do but obviously the zx was faster. half an hour later we saw it parked at a petrol station. I so wanted us to stop for me to have a closer look. but we didn't so that was about the closest I got to a Z for a long time.

the first time I got to sit in a z was in march this year when I went to japan. I went to nagoya classic car shop, and they had a few s30's and a couple of zx there. absolutely amazing place. I wanted to sit in an S30 but none of them had any seats in them at that time.. so they told me I could sit in a zx. so I did. I thought it was so cool that already in early 80's I was bitten by this diseaZe and I had to wait until 2010 to get to sit in one and that was in the home country of the Z. well, I couldn't get my thought of these cars and a couple of months later I was buying Mike's 260. So the second Z I ever sat in was my own and it was the first and only S30 I have ever sat in! and the only Z I've ever driven. :)