Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:27 am 

Vintage & Retouched Dasun Logos......................Enjoy

Attachments:
RED-GOLD LION-GOLD LETTERING.JPG
RED-GOLD LION-GOLD LETTERING.JPG [ 418.31 KiB | Viewed 4514 times ]
RED SILVER LION-SILVER LETTERING.JPG
RED SILVER LION-SILVER LETTERING.JPG [ 406.59 KiB | Viewed 4514 times ]
RED LION- GOLD LETTERING.JPG
RED LION- GOLD LETTERING.JPG [ 729.83 KiB | Viewed 4514 times ]
NEW DATSUN OVAL- B-B.JPG
NEW DATSUN OVAL- B-B.JPG [ 656.23 KiB | Viewed 4514 times ]
NEW DATSUN LOGO-2.JPG
NEW DATSUN LOGO-2.JPG [ 241.05 KiB | Viewed 4514 times ]
DATSUN 3D-TRADITIONAL.JPG
DATSUN 3D-TRADITIONAL.JPG [ 797.52 KiB | Viewed 4514 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:31 am 

David,
Sorry I was not able to connect with you at the end of the show - it was a crazy day! Thanks for posting these! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am 

No problem, I know you had your hands full. It would seem that I can only post 6 at a time. As you saw in the last post, I have approx. 1000 of these...................It will take alot of time to up load at that rate. And of course there might be other issues.

Great Show on 19th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:05 am 

Hi Dave ~ it was great to get to share even 2 minutes with you at the Z car show, and to FINALLY zee your beautiful #0958! Hope you had a chance to zee Rick Morgan's old Z Club jacket! He had patches on it from Z clubs I never heard of before!

Club Photographer Phil Parent took some pretty good shots of you speaking with several of our 'Z Dignitaries' during the show ~ that was very gratifying for me (and I hope for you).

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 am 

Good show Frank and you should take a bow (along with ALL other organizers) and a round of aplauze for the efforts made. It was nice to meet Carl B. and Jim F. and I even met a chap from my "addopted" hometown in N.Y. Glad you got to see my '70 up close and I hope the image of that pristine 70 240 you saw years ago was dispelled. It has plenty of FLAWS. The best thing about it is that it didn't end up in a crusher like the previous owner thought it would. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:06 am 

:lol: Haha! Exactly like mine!

I salute every single owner of any of these old Datsuns who invests the toil, sweat, tears and cash to save them. Yours certainly deserved the attention you spent on it, due to its historical importance. The very early carz were the best (In my not-so-humble opinion), and if I had the means, I would zee to it that each of them was rescued and preserved, if not fully restored.

I have been secretly wrestling with the question about what would be best for Lucky-13; it's in incredible shape after 40 years and 100,000 miles, with only two little rust areas (showing) on either front fender. My impulse would be to leave it alone, but other voices in my tiny brain insist it should be totally restored. That would erase its stark originality, and probably lessen its value by double the amount invested in a restoration.

On the other hand, the car is NOT completely stock and original ~ it has been repaired from a front-end collision many years ago, so I suspect at least some of the front parts cannot be original. And Jim raised some suspicion about the rear suspension parts looking "different" than what he's accustomed to (and he would know!). So assuming the car might be only 97% 'factory original', how much would it damage the value of the car by restoring it?

I guess no Z car can survive 100,000 miles in completely original condition unless it's a designated museum piece stright off the showroom floor. But we recently saw our member Clive discover car #1901, which still had the factory protective film on the doglegs behind the seats :shock:, and only the wheels looked changed.

Still, I would hate to be placed into a position which required me to judge and value any of these cars (yours, Rick's, Clive's, etc). About the only 1970 model 240Z I absolutely KNOW the value of is my own #02807 ~ and I wrote that on my FOR SALE sign at the show.

The car is priced at $1,000,005.00, because "I wouldn't sell my Z Car again for a MILLION BUCKS". :wink:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 am 

As you know Frank, although it might be interesting to hear what opinions others might have it all comes down to what you like. Enjoy and have fun. Damn the torpedos