Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

In addition to being this month's Member Ride of the Month, Colin Gentle's 1970 240Z has also been selected to appear in a short film entitled "Inheritance".

The 4 minute film is shooting in HD on May 8-10th with a small but professional cast and crew from NY.

The film features a Nissan GT-R driven by the heroine in a race against a Morgan Aero 8 and a Porsche 911.

Before the race begins, the director wanted to make a link between Nissan's past and present by having her arrive in an unrestored and somewhat "rough" vintage Datsun Z. Her character is the underdog, so the director was looking for a vintage Z that is a daily driver instead of a perfectly restored classic. Colin's 1970 240Z was selected by the director from a group of CTZCC member rides.

The filming will take place in Rye, NY. Because there is no dangerous driving in this brief scene, Colin will have the opportunity to drive his Z during filming. The finished product will be distributed on the internet and on DVD to represent everyone involved.

Here's the basic story line of the film: On the day of their father's death, a family gathers at his mansion to read the will. But his last wish is an anything goes, high speed race - pitting them against one another to see who deserves to earn his fortune. Only Emily, the 'Cinderella' in this modern day fairy tale, brings more to the race than just a fast car.

Colin's Member Ride album can be viewed HERE.

Congratulations Colin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:38 pm 

Congratulations Colin! It certainly is a sweet looking ride. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:26 pm 

Congrats Colin! Cant wait for the movie debut....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm 

This has always been one of my favorite Zs in this Club. From the first day I saw it at a spring monthly meeting last year, I knew it was "the" car I wanted to take home with me. And when Colin started it and I heard that beautiful ANSA-effect exhaust note, I was totally sold.

The car has been pampered but not unused. It hibernates each winter but gets plenty of exerciZe during the driving months. Colin and his dad are not afraid to 'use' it the way it was intended. It has been professionally cared for by the best expertz in the Z community (Vinny Bedini) and the results are outstanding.

To my perception, it has just exactly the 'right' amount of external options to make it very dressy but still a business-like early 240Z. When these cars first came out, I recall very few owners who sprung for the extra badge bars and side trims on the body ~ but the rest of us envied them while we drove our 'plain jane' Z cars around together. The wheels Colin has choZen for this car make it immediately unique and impressive.

The exhaust note on Colin's car will no doubt leave a lasting impression on anyone who sees the film ~ and probably cause a small tidal wave of awe-struck youngsters who suddenly show up looking for early Z cars to buy, because they just learned how really great these first Zs were!

Congratulations, Colin and Colin ~ your car deserves wide exposure and many more honors! In this, the 40th anniversary year of the original 240Z, your excellent example represents the CT Z Car Club with high acclaim.

I couldn't be happier with this month's choice!

*(applause!)*

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:51 am 

Wow! I feel like I just walked the red carpet…and now the acceptance speech…%$@# what did I do with that speech??!! :lol:

Thanks so much to everyone. And I am really looking forward to seeing the Z on film…I am hoping to rattle the pipes a bit, I can only hope the ANSA tone gets captured on film. I will post a thread about the shoot, and take some snaps during the shoot.

As for my z, like for many here, it’s an ongoing project. It’s now to a point where it’s a reliable and can go the distance. My plan is to try to maintain its patina, and continue to add (reversible) performance upgrades that don’t stray too far from period-correct.

Thanks to my Dad for giving me this affliction :D It’s always a blast to show up to events together in the ole Z. And when he gets the Triumph TR-3 put together, we’ll really be able to arrive in style.

Special thanks to Frank for the kind words. It’s always a pleasure reading your wise words around here…you are true asset to this great club.

I hope to make it to the next meeting.

Cheers!
Colin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:19 am 

I love the look of this Z!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]