Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Congratulations to Fell for having this month's Member Ride of the Month.

Please visit Fell Herdeg's Member Ride album and check out his classic 1966 Roadster 1600.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 pm 

Congratulations, Fell! I can't wait to see your beautiful Roadster on our Homepage, with your name scribed on the Cyber Trophy!

Altho this is a "Z" Club, we all recognize there would have been no Z had it not been for the racing successes and street popularity of the Roadsters. Our own Bob Sharp's racing career was firmly established through racing these nimble little cars with progressive engine sizes. Accordingly, we embrace the Datsun Roadsters with open arms, and are proud to see them among us.

(And secretly, each of us would LOVE to throw one around and wear a set of tires off it! :twisted:). One of my happiest memories of the late 1960s was watching Bob outrace a pack of howling sedans and MGBs in what appeared to be a perfectly-balanced Roadster. I didn't even know who he was, but was thrilled to watch him blast thru the same corner in an impossibly-long and perfectly-balanced drift, lap after lap. Every sighting of a Roadster today evokes that memory.

Thanks Fell, for preserving such a beautiful piece of machinery. (And thanks Bob, for knowing just what to do with it!)

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]