Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Hello everyone:

This section of the forum is dedicated to our "Member Ride of the Month" contest. Each month, we're going to prominently feature on the club's website a different member's ride based on votes cast by registered forum members.

Here are the basic guidelines:

1. During the last week of each month, we will nominate four member rides at random. To qualify for nomination, the member must have posted at least three photos of his/her ride in the Member Rides section.

2. Everyone who has a forum account will be allowed to vote once per "election" for the member ride that they would like to see win for that month.

3. On the first of every month, voting will close and the member who has received the most votes will have his/her ride featured as the "Member Ride of the Month".

Remember, you can't win it if you're not in it, so make sure you upload lots of pictures to your Member Ride album!

And if you don't have a Member Ride account yet (shame on you!), simply send me an email (webmaster@ctzcc.com) asking for one and include what you'd like your password to be. It's totally free, lots of fun, and VERY easy to do!

OK...now that you have the basic idea, keep watching this forum for the current group of nominees...

- Jim

Last edited by jhagani on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:33 pm 

HEY!

Right after I voted, the little selection-thingy disappeared!
Whatever happened to "Vote early, Vote often?"

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:01 pm 

Jim,
Great idea and even better execution. I love the cyber-trophy. I think we should ask each winner to submit a paragraph about their ride to accompany their photos when the car is profiled. Things like how long they have owned the car, mod's, interesting stories, women lost because of their love of the car, etc. Just my two cents. Thanks for making this happen! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ross:

It would certainly be great if our nominees could provide the voting public with a paragraph about their cars. Ideally, however, EVERYONE who has a Member Ride album should be doing this, and the best time to do it is when they are uploading their pictures.

Because the voting period is only a week (perhaps in future months we should make it two weeks?), there is not much time to contact the nominees and have them find the time to write something up.

Perhaps for now we can simply encourage *everyone* to upload both photos AND text to their albums?

- Jim

Post subject: ride of the month
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:53 pm 

i'll tell you about my old 260. all my friends would kid me about my love of "z" cars because they were hotrodders to the max. they only knew muscle not handling and american, not japanese. so i got rid of my tin can and looked for a muscle car. i wasn't happy with what i saw and my one friend told me to not worry about what anyone said about my choice in cars. so that old orange car is my 20th z and i just bought a 240z to restore.i have had that 260 for 14 years and it just turned 70,ooo miles. the head was bad when i bought it and i couldn't find a replacement so i stuck a2800 motor in for" just two weeks" until i found another head. well, 14 years later the same motor is still in the car, but i now have a new head for the old motor and this winter it will go back in.this past winter i treated the car to new wheels and a coated header and turbo exhaust. i'm in love all over again!! the car is not done and never will, but it's mine and i love it. as far as i'm concerned.every car in this club is the ride of the month and the zcar is the ride of the century. i never tire of seeing these cars and the stories the owners tell me of their ride!! mike engelhardt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:54 pm 

I have to admit I got choked-up when reading Mike Engelhardt's quote below:

"As far as I'm concerned every car in this club is the ride of the month and the zcar is the ride of the century".

I think this sums up the spirit of our club exactly. My bet is that every one of us loves to look at these cars regardless of their condition. There is no such thing as a "bad" Z - some just need more care and feeding than others. Well done Mike! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm 

I absolutely agree! I just tried to "quote" Mike's entry and say exactly the same thing.

Well said Mike ~ and totally true!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:38 pm 

Mike, it's a month later and I just had to come back here and get a quick motivation by re-reading your profound theory statement about these cars.

I think your quote should be engraved in stone someplace.

There have been lots of things said about the Z and the people who own them, but nothing I've heard has ever said it better than that.

Wish I'd said it! It's certainly the way we all feel.

Frank

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]