Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:32 am 

My 240Z is home from the Bedini Motorsports shop in New Milford. It was there for routine maintenance and a list of updates in anticipation of my trip to Spa and Germany (which didn't happen). I got the car back ystrdy and am very happy with it.

The brakes and suspension were still excellent so they were just cleaned up and inspected. Rear drum braking surfaces were cleaned and dressed up. I got a new updated Pertronix-II which is outstanding. Valves were adjusted, plugs were changed, timing reset, oil and filter swapped out, SUs tuned and sync'd, gearbox and differential serviced, and a new Champion 3-row radiator replaced my 39-yr old copper 4-row unit. The block was flushed twice, all hoses, belts and wiperblades were replaced, the vent fan was updated. I even got a new set of seat belts installed to replace the tiresome 3-piece units from 1971. New Kumho tires and 15" polished 5-slots were mounted and we all agree the car has a much better stance now; with 14" of rubber on the road fore and aft, it looks like a little HotWheels car. The wider, lower profile tires give the Z a whole new feel on the road, and there is hardly any body lean under hard cornering. It takes new discipline to behave in public now. :twisted:

Vinny recruited an anonymous, certified experienced Z driver to wring my car out before I arrived to pick it up, just to get an unbiased opinion of the work. By all reports he was favorably impressed and approved of the overall package. The fuel tank was empty when I got it back. :lol:

It was a real hassle finding the right lug nuts for these American Racing wheels, but Advance Auto finally found some. The wheel distributor sent me 25 of the wrong size/shape and it took more than a week to locate the right ones. I lost track of how much money I spent trying different packages of lugnutZ.

Vinny found a number of long-ignored interior details which he fixed up for me, too. I have put almost 100 miles on the car since then and am impressed by the new power the engine develops; it really pulls hard in each gear. The upgraded Pertronix electronic ignition has fixed the stumble/sputter I was getting at 5600rpm; I can run right up to 7,000rpm now but ran out of road room to actually hit redline. I was concentrating on the tach to see if I got any breakdown at high revs, and when I glanced back at the speedo I was north of 100 in 4th gear and still climbing. It did't even feel that fast. I want the car chassis-dyno'd within the coming weeks. The fastest I've ever had the car up to was 124mph when new/stock; I'm sure it can do far more than that now, but these tires are only rated for 140mph.

I left my old aluminum 5-slot 14" wheels (mounted with 9-year-old Goodrich tires) at Vinny's. They are ok for use around town or for anyone wanting to paint their S30, or as general shop tires. Call him if you need them; 860.355.182nine.

Visited my favorite car detailer today and found his shop occupied by a different business. I always feel guilty when that happens, like I didn't use someone enough to keep him in business. Searching for a new detail place near the center of CT, if anyone has any ideas.

So, long and loud applause for the Bedini Genie again. The guy is a wiZard.

Looking forward to sharing a lot of road trips with other Clubbies this summer, especially to Rochester and Lime Rock.

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:57 am 

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I saw your car getting "prepped" by Vinny this week.. How fortunate we are to have such a talented Z technician so close to us.

Glad to see you have the car back and enjoying the thrill again. Looking forward to another caravan to Rochester! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 am 

Vinny really is the best. If I still had mine I wouldn't hesitate to make the 2 1/2 hr drive to have him work on the car. Nobody knows them better than he does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:31 am 

He's the Man :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: