Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 pm 

RockAuto.com offers reliably low prices on auto parts for both your daily driver and classic, 24 hours a day! Unlike companies who mark up prices to cover "free" shipping, RockAuto offers reliably low prices, and adds only the actual cost of delivering your order to you.

We sell over a million different parts, and a single warehouse cannot hold them all. If you choose parts which are not stocked in the same place, carriers will charge for two shipments. Two ways to minimize shipping charges are:

1. Watch for Truck Icons next to parts in the online catalog -- they indicate parts which can ship from the same warehouse as parts already in your shopping cart.
2. Use our "Choose for Me to Minimize Cost" tool -- which lets you say "any one of these parts would be OK" and then automatically chooses the lowest total cost (part + shipping).

Learn more about these and other unique features of our catalog on our Help with Placing an Order page!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:01 pm 

RockAuto wrote:
RockAuto.com offers reliably low prices on auto parts for both your daily driver and classic, 24 hours a day! Unlike companies who mark up prices to cover "free" shipping, RockAuto offers reliably low prices, and adds only the actual cost of delivering your order to you.

We sell over a million different parts, and a single warehouse cannot hold them all. If you choose parts which are not stocked in the same place, carriers will charge for two shipments. Two ways to minimize shipping charges are:

1. Watch for Truck Icons next to parts in the online catalog -- they indicate parts which can ship from the same warehouse as parts already in your shopping cart.
2. Use our "Choose for Me to Minimize Cost" tool -- which lets you say "any one of these parts would be OK" and then automatically chooses the lowest total cost (part + shipping).

Learn more about these and other unique features of our catalog on our Help with Placing an Order page!

Hah.

And we thought Rock Auto understood and heard what we were saying about "NO ADVERTISING". Maybe it's just a case of early onset dementia and not just being rude or a lack of intelligence.

To Repeat/Recap what was said in a previous posting:

Vendors should feel free to participate in a discussion on this website and NOT use this sight to promote or advertise their business.

Please try to adhere to the rules. Thank you.

Howard J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:49 pm 

They might have forgotten to delete us from their marketing list, or struck some deal to pay for their advertisements. We'll explore that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:36 pm 

May be some "deal"?? :? Who'd be in charge of that? Potential money maker for the club?? :?:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:20 am 

Hey guys, lighten up a bit.

Rock Auto's posts may be construed as "advertising", but I treat it as a club service. I've used Rock Auto for years, their prices and parts quality is second to none. If they want to offer members a discount code or specials, I think we should take it as just that and thank them for offering to our members. The point is to get quality parts and a good price and they deliver.

And no, I am not a "paid spokesperson"! LOL

:lol:

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 am 

There's being some discussion about this, John. The Club doesn't officially "endorse" any business, altho we are loyal to our sponsors and provide website space (this particular forum, actually), for members (like yourself) to voice their enthusiasm or disdain for companies with whom they've done business.

This particular forum (Raves and Gripes) is designed for INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS to warn other members about businesses which are rip-offs (Gripes) or to sing the praises of Z-friendly businesses which do a good job and are trustworthy (Raves).

Rock Auto has mis-used this forum as advertiZing space since 2011. We're checking to see who (if anyone) authorized that (we think no one) and even if they did, why we would allow any company to contaminate a dedicated forum with advertising? AT LEAST ads would be confined (if allowed at all) to the GENERAL Z DISCUSSION, CARS & PARTS FOR SALE or even OFF TOPIC forums.

As MbrshipDir, I greeted their application with enthusiasm and encouraged them to engage in DISCUSSION about the Z cars. I never authorized or even implied any advertising was invited. 75 of their 76 posts have never engaged in any one-to-one Z discussions or technical advice; 75 of their posts have been advertising for their own benefit. The Club encourages friendly, mutually-healthy and respectful relationships btwn the members and sponsors, but no company over-rides Club policy; we're not a commercial Club. We've experimented with outside advertising in the past and no longer use it.

I recognize you've had good experiences with RA, and so have some of our other members. Some of us have appealed to them for help and got turned down flatly, leaving a bad impression and resentment for them. I personally will never buy anything from them again. My personal opinion is neither here nor there. What's at issue here is whether anyone ever told RA they could advertise on our website, and if so, why in the world they would have told them to use this forum, of all places? My suspicion is that Rock Auto simply invaded this forum and have capitalized on an 800-member audience for free since 2011.