Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: RDZ Motorsports
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:23 pm 

There's nothing quite like the experience of returning home from an outing on a cold winter night knowing that you and your Z will soon be soon safely turning into your driveway. Graham and I had ventured to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to see some college games and spend obscene amounts of money on refreshments. On the way home, we were moving quickly along the BQE, when the 350Z lost all throttle response and immediately slowed from about 75 to 5mph in the left lane. The engine remained on but would not rev above 1,000 - something I had never experienced before.

After moving slowly (very) from the left lane to the shoulder, my first call was to Scott Cole. After a few minutes of over the phone diagnosis, Scott determined that the Z had gone into "limp mode". Not exactly what I wanted to hear with my 11 year old son with me on the side of a highway at almost midnight. Apparently the Z uses this mode to protect itself from further damage when certain sensors are tripped.

Well after a good ten minute rest, I was relieved that the Z started back up and revved as normal. Scott and I discussed the status of the gauges and lights and we determined that it was probably OK to continue to drive the car home. So the rest of the ride was uneventful.

A few days later Scott picked up Z in his trailer and brought it up to RDZ in Danbury. Turns out some mice had been dining on one of my air filters and some small bit of filter must have gotten sucked into the throttle body. They also found the remains of a mouse resort & hotel elsewhere within the engine compartment.

After that issue had been identified and addressed, Rich Amatuli went through the entire car to see if there were other items that needed attention. So I used this opportunity to have RDZ perform their custom ECU tune and take care of a couple minor repairs.

Every step of the process with RDZ, from initial consultation to diagnosis to receiving a very detailed and itemized invoice was extremely upfront and professional.

When it comes to your car, RDZ does it all. From routine maintenance to upgrades and customizations - they've got you covered.

Please consider using them for all of your Z or other specialty vehicle needs.

Ross

Post subject: Re: RDZ Motorsports
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:13 pm 

I am very Happy with my UpRev by RDZ

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject: Re: RDZ Motorsports
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:01 am 

Ross this is very similar to what used to happen to my old 260. Occasionally it would roll to a stop and would refuse to restrat until the temp recycled. Then it would refire and run till it was turned off many hours later. We nevr did figure out what it was. :?

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)