Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:34 pm 

There is a company that specializes in suspension parts that operates on the internet by the name "JUST SUSPENSION" and "KYB OUTLET" (www.justsuspension.com). I ordered new KYB strut cartridges for my 240Z and two weeks later, no shipment. When I called, I was told they were shipping "today". Then the next day "today". Then today I was told, they are "going out TODAY".

When I requested to cancel the order, I was told NO, no cancellations after 24 hours of ordering.

The customer service reps are quite nasty, difficult to deal with. It's not worth saving a few bucks to deal with this company.

Will follow up on this later.....

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 pm 

John

Do you have any recourse thru your credit card?
Some of them have your back pretty well...

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:01 pm 

UPDATE:

The cartridges did ship late today, I have a FedEx tracking number. They are supposed to be delivered by March 15. That would be 16 days from placing the order. No comment on back order or why it took so long to ship a product that they supposedly had in stock. My credit card company will freeze the payment with one phone call, I will see if that will be necessary on March 15.

I would encourage everyone to READ THE FINE PRINT regarding order time and refunds. Just Suspension certainly does not put customer service first.

I'll let you all know when they get here.....

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 pm 

Well, they've lost any hope of my future business already.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 pm 

Did the parts ever show up? Was it what you'd ordered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:49 pm 

The parts did arrive and they are correct. My biggest complaint was their poor customer service (or should I say LIP SERVICE) on the phone. Also, they offer NO REFUNDS after ordering.

If the parts were on back order, say so. I was told three times that they were shipped. Obviously not.

I saved about $25 over other places (such as Rock Auto). MISTAKE. Not worth it!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:03 pm 

This is them.

Read some of the reviews ~ it'll make you feel better!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Ju ... KYB_Outlet

AVOID THESE BANDITS!!! :evil:

Thanks John ~ we'll take up a collection and send flowers.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 am 

Interesting! It seems that everyone else had pretty much the same experience as me. Proves what kind of company this is.

ROCK AUTO ONLY for me from now on! Promise!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:09 am 

From what I've read about JS/KYBO (here, on their site, and on the internet complaint boards), I *suspect* they are NOT retailers, but BROKERS. I began picturing a warehouse full of parts waiting to be shipped ~ now I picture an office full of computers which collect your credit card pymnt IMMEDIATELY, then search on-line for the parts you need. Maybe (maybe) they buy rejected 2nd-rate merchandise, which can't be sold by the mnfgr at normal prices. For example their "WORKS" kit, which contains more than 90 parts. Maybe 5% of those parts are wrong, so KYB sells the (unusable) second-rate kit at 1/2 price, which JS sells to you 'cheaply'?

That would account for the lengthy delay in shipping. They also charge an outrageous 25% "restocking fee" (making you picture them lugging your stuff back to the shelf and correcting their inventory), which would actually cover THEIR shipping costs back to the original source.
Their ridiculous cancellation policy requires you to cancel your order within 24 hrs of placing it ~ WHO could know within 24hrs that they (JS) would take so long to ship, that you'd rather cancel the order?

And their refund policy is just as absurd. You must pay immediately, but they have several 'internal policies' or 'problems' or 'absent employees' which delay delay delay your repayment, or restrict you to 'house credit' instead of refund. You MIGHT eventually lose your good faith and finally get around to protesting thru your creditcard company, but by that time JS/KYBO have held your money for months, earning them interest and buying power.

And they state that if you return merchandize without a Return Authorization, your parts will be DISCARDED? That shows what they think of both their customers and their merchandize.

There are several other red flags about JS/KYBO which make me uneasy, but the fact that I cannot obtain their physical address from their website or advertizing literature concretely seals the deal for me. Any 'warehouse' who wants to move their inventory and make money from their investment will have a counter where people with a dollar in their hand can walk in and buy their goods. Businesses which hide from the public usually either don't have anything onsite to sell them, or don't want to have irate victims kicking in their door, slaughtering their pigs and chickens and burning down their hut.

Make this simple.
Just consider what JS/KYBO does poorly: customer satisfaction by timely delivery of the correct parts at a cheap price.
Just consider what JS/KYBO does well: immediate snatch of your credit card payment, excellent retention of your creditcard payment, and skillful delay of your refunds, while hiding behind an internet address.

For me, that tells me why they're REALLY in business.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:42 am 

This is a common problem. Price vs. reliability and service.

but it doesn't have to be...

We have spent the last 8 years sourcing reputable manufacturers and distributors to supply us so we can provide you with ALL the parts you seek.

We are here to help all the members of the CTZCC.

http://www.rdzmotorsports.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:43 am 
Hey, a BMW guy here having terrible issues with this company.

I am out to tell everyone to STAY AWAY

I saw the slick website and called to make sure they had my struts in stock.

Girl says "yes they're in stock in the wharehouse"

Great, place order, credit card charged

Then, After about 6 days I call to find out why no tracking number rtc

"oh, we don't "really stock them" they are coming from manufacurer in Arkansas then ship to Atlanta, then to us in NC, we will box them up and ship to you"......What the....??

"Should ship today" Call next day for tracking number. "Didn't ship, should ship today, we will upgrade your shipping" finally shipped.

FedEx, out for delivery.....then 2 hours later "delivery exception notice" item(s) damaged, returning to shipper, will not deliver.

Call them today wanting my money back. Talk to Luke Hamby, Pres Tel: (704) 235-0135 His response " as soon as we receive them back from FedEx we will evaluate them and process any refund" Another "What the..?" moment..???

So, I am out almost 500.00 and at the mercy of FedEx getting the stuff back to them BEFORE they will even start the refund process....

THEY DO NOT STOCK ANYTHING, IT'S A COUPLE OF PEOPLE IN AN OFFICE WITH A SLICK WEBSITE.

19 complaints at the BBB http://www.bbb.org/charlotte/business-r ... -nc-123595

His reply to this "Every company has issues with the BBB".....really...??

I am posting on every car forum I can find, probably never see my money because of these postings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am 

AHA!! I THOUGHT SO! 8)

No real parts in stock. It's a front-operation. Probably a bunch of unemployed housewives, maybe not even in the same office. SCAM.

Thanks, BMW. You confirmed our suspicions.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 am 

WOW. Exactly my experience with them....as well as TONS of others as well. A slick website does not make for a good company to do business with.

Right now I am pretty thankful that I even got my struts albeit 4 weeks late!! Thank god they are the right ones!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:07 pm 

you gotta love how they have in the lower left corner all their "positive customer testimonials" :lol: probably just made up quotes from fictional customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:18 pm 

Right Mike ~ or else they only clipped out the single good thing customers had to say!

In order to avoid fraud charges, I've even seen some companies post up their own "customer service survey". They offer you a limited number of responses you can select (instead of letting you enter your own words).

Each of their "selections" is carefully worded, so that even if you select all the worst ones, they could use them out of context to make themselves sound wonderful.

As an alternative, my buddy swears by SPOHN SUSPENSION company. He has used them extensively over the years without a single complaint. They deal with Eibach suspension for the Zs, and don't seem to offer anything for the S30 carz, but at least they're honest.

http://www.LMPerformance.com/h/91/.html

Frank