Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: MIDDLETOWN NISSAN!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm 

I have been quite negligent in my duty to report my excellent service from Middletown Nissan last fall. I actually typed in a lengthy RAVE several months ago, but it vanished when I tried to enter it here. Frustrated, I set it aside "until tomorrow". That was last September! :roll:

Just before Middletown Nissan sponsored our 2nd Annual Z Car Show, I took my checkbook to them and bought a new Nissan Murano. The "Cash for Clunkers" program was nearing an end and I finally made up my mind to give up my oldest Ford Exploder (which was worth about $350) while I could still get $3500.00 for it. It had engine noises, was needing more and more frequent repairs, and during the 11 years since I had paid it off, I had lost the title! :oops:

No matter. The "TEAM" ("a group of individuals who work harmoniously toward a common goal") at Middletown pulled together and made it happen. I actually got to pick the Murano my family preferred, and got more than $7500 off the price in consideration of numerous factors.

Since the sale, I've had frequent courteous calls from them to confirm I am happy with the sale, the machine, and the arrangements. They also call to remind me of scheduled oil changes and routine maintenance checks. This is the first vehicle I have ever bought which had a FREE factory bumper-to-bumper warrantee for ANYTHING which breaks, falls off, or doesn't work right.

At the end of the sale (on the very last hour of the Cash for Clunkers program), Owner Dave Calabrese ran out to the parkinglot to catch us before we left. He just wanted to introduce himself and thank me for my business. We ended up feeding a lot of mosquitoes, talking about Z cars, the CTZCC, and famous Datsun racers. He didn't have to do that ~ the sale was done and he wasn't getting another nickel for taking that time to thank me. But it left a really good impression on me and my family. We left smiling, feeling like we meant something more to him than just another sale.

Middletown's bend-over-backwards assistance to the CTZCC for our 2nd Annual Z Car Show was obvious to the hundreds who attended that event. Even the staff got involved with the cars, and the Sales Manager (our member Phil Wallace) even brought his own beautiful Twin Turbo 300ZX out of mothballs to show it off among our cars! The list of things Middletown Nissan did to help ensure a successful show is too lengthy to mention here, but they left their impression on me as the foremost Nissan Dealer I ever expect to find.

So a very big VENDOR RAVE for Middletown Nissan. Wonderful folks, good facility, positive attitude, effective sales and maintenance programs.

Would I recommend them to my friends???

I just did! :wink:

Frank T
MbrshpDir
CTZCC.Com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:50 pm 

Couldn't have expressed it any better, Frank!

Kathy and I were treated like royalty by Dave and several of the
employees even though they had only met us five minutes ago.

And if there is a finer owner than Dave Calabrese, I haven't met him
yet. It was my intention to display Lucky 13 as a TRUE barn find, with
dust, dirt, cobwebs, and all. But I'm still hurting from the hammerlock
Dave got me into while "encouraging" me with a low, gravelly Sicilian
(Calabrese?) voice of what might happen to Kathy and me if I didn't
allow his team to give #13 at least a bath and vacuuming.

Now if you believe that last sentence, I have some nice waterfront
property down in South Central Florida you might be interested in. Oh
yes, and a bridge a little southwest of here I could let you have cheap.
But the first 3 sentences are 100% accurate and sincere, and definitely
worthy of everyone's consideration.

All Z Best,............................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)