Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Bob's Collision Center
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 am 

Some of you may already know that the rear of my 350Z had a close encounter of the stupid kind with a teenager who had been driving for less than two months. He wasn't paying attention and rammed right into me at a light.

Well I took my car to Bob's Collision in Norwalk for an estimate and just picked up the car today. These guys do great work and without me even asking, they filled in many of the chips that were on my front and real spoliers. Since they had to spray the new rear bumper and had the paint available, I guess they thought it would be a nice thing to do. In addition, the whole car was washed and cleaned inside and out, including the wheels and tires.

Bob also installed the original Black Pearl mirrors on my 280 last year and did a great job on that as well.

It is sad to say, but there are not many businesses these days that go the extra mile like Bob does. If any of you need body work done, I highly recommend Bob and his work.

Bob's Collision
259 Main Ave
Norwalk, CT
203-847-2627
bob@847bobs.com

Attachments:
350Z1.jpg
350Z1.jpg [ 48.89 KiB | Viewed 9137 times ]
photo[1].jpg
photo[1].jpg [ 130.86 KiB | Viewed 9137 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 am 

yeah i have to say it is nice to see a body shop go that extra mile. i have to deal with a body shop twice in my life. first time was with my 83 Datsun 280Z turbo and they did a great job considering at the time decals were not available and they had to print turbo decals to match. very good job but my second time with them not so good. of course years later management had changed. And really the only reason i went to them with my Acura was because they did such a great job on my Datsun years ago. but your car looks great and i can't tell at all that it was hit (which i would guess is the look you want lol).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:15 am 

Ross,

Must feel great to be whole again!! Teenager was lucky that his bumper was high enough to avoid your exhaust!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:20 am 

I didn't know about this event.

I think I would have hurt him. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 pm 

Frank T wrote:

This Weds I almost got obliterated by an oblivious mini-van-driving soccer mom chatting on her cell at the bottom of an exit ramp. My response was pretty far from family friendly. I have been in three bad accidents in my life, two of which could have very easily been fatal and the one thing in common with all of them was an idiot who didn't understand that a vehicle can cause serious damage *shocking*

I have some bits I want sprayed for the 370, good to know that a high quality shop is close :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 pm 

I took my twin sons out for their first driving lesson last weekend. First outings are always driving around an empty commuter parking lot. As they approached the driver's side door for the first time as a driver, I stopped and explained to them that for the first time in their lives, their actions could cause their own or some else's death.

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:24 pm 

phil280zxt wrote:
I took my twin sons out for their first driving lesson last weekend. First outings are always driving around an empty commuter parking lot. As they approached the driver's side door for the first time as a driver, I stopped and explained to them that for the first time in their lives, their actions could cause their own or some else's death.

Phil

Ross they did a great job !
Its crazy what you see on the road now.

People of all ages take driving for granted. Sorry only goes so far especially if you injure or kill someone
Just today I was watching a lady playing chicken with a tractor trailer. Seems she was running out of hands.. between her cell phone and cigarett

Last edited by Mike_G on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:01 pm 

(Sorry to hijack this Post about a great body shop) :oops:

Our Executive Advisor Bob Sharp is deeply involved with a survival driving school called IN CONTROL. We have attended seminars about them and they scared me with some simple statistics.

Bob can supply the correct numbers, but something like 70% of all new drivers will have an avoidable collision within their first year of driving, and something like 85% of those accidents will be rear-end collisions.

The simple way to avoid them is to ALWAYS maintain THREE SECONDS btwn the front of your car and the rear of the car ahead ~ at any speed.

If this Bozo had maintained this distance behind Ross, the only remaining GT33/350Z would still be virgin. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:26 pm 

Frank T wrote:

I KNOW I would have. Perhaps being the subject of a martial arts
demonstration would help to make him more attentive in the future.
~Ranger Rick~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:36 pm 

phil280zxt wrote:

Phil

Phil, that's the most wise counsel to a young person about to take on a
major responsibility, that I have heard in YEARS. And I can't commend
you highly enough for it. You other young moms and dads, PLEASE
TAKE NOTE OF WHAT PHIL DID, IT COULD HEAD OFF A LOT OF GRIEF :!:
Very, very, very sincerely~................Kathy & Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:34 pm 

Hey Ross, the car looks even better in real life. I was just behind you on the Merrit about an hour ago, and I must say the car looks awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 pm 

Hey Patrick,
That's pretty funny. I guess my car is not too hard to spot. Sorry I did not see you or I would have given you the official club wave. Ross