Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:09 am 

OK, after nearly a full year this Club has finally succeeded in getting together with CT Autocross and Rallye Team (CART) so we can throw our Z cars around the AutoX cones and enjoy some Track Dayz at such exciting places as Lime Rock, Ponoco Raceway, Bristol and New Jersey Motorsport Park.

We've looked forward to this for a long time, and we've already made some pretty neat friends in the CART community. Happily, they seem to be as craZy as we are, and some of them even own Z carz.

But they're professionals, and SAFETY is their primary concern. Anything we do with them requires a helmet which meets SCCA specs and is less than 10 years old. My old Brain Bucket dated back to the 1960s so I had to get a new one. The internet sources were all priced over $300 for the hat I wanted. I started asking around in local racing circles if anyone knew of a cheaper way to go?

Enter Mister John Williamson, with his Helmet Haberdashery LLC. John worked with me and found me a crash hat which fit my tiny gourd (limited brain capacity), exceeded the SCCA requirements, had the visor I wanted and included a ventilation system ~ all for less than $200. It even comes in box and a handy carrying bag.

John is a reliable and honest local guy, who showed me his garage full of 1960s Triumphs and Mazdas. He used to AutoX Neons (NO JOKES, ROSS!) which explains his Email address:

NeonJohnW@Earthlink.Net. You can call him at 203-520-9006. Interesting guy who eliminates the middleman and saved me a bundle. He even handed me back CASH when I picked up my helmet, because it had cost less than he expected. I found an honest guy!

Before you buy a new helmet from other sources, you owe it to yrslf to contact John first. Tell him you learned about him here.

Z ya~ Frank

Attachments:
IMGA0625.JPG
IMGA0625.JPG [ 63.15 KiB | Viewed 3397 times ]