Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Snuck in one last Z ride
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:39 pm 

Knowing bad and windy foliage-striping weather was on its way, Evy and I decided last minute to sneak in one last good Z ride for the season on what turned out to be a gorgeous and balmy day this past Thursday. Can you believe it? Almost 70 degrees on November 1st??

We ended up heading west on RT 22 through Northford CT, to 17N to Durham, then 79S to 148E through Killingworth and Chester. We then hopped on 154S to Essex where we had lunch at the Griswold Inn (noted for being the oldest operating inn in the country). After lunch, we walked around this wonderful seaport village, stopped in a couple of little shops then jumped back in the Z and headed north again on 154 then 82E over the bridge in Haddam where we ended up at the Gillette Castle State Park. We were followed much of the way through Haddam by a nice fellow driving an '86 Porsche Carrera convertible who followed us right into the park and parked right behind us. The owner Charlie and I shared our car stories, admired each other's cars as well as the great scenic and foliage views while overlooking the Connecticut river from the castle. As the sun was getting low, Evy and I decided to head back home and put the old Z back in the garage, possibly for the last time of the season. :( We drove 120 miles with almost NO traffic :). Our Z seemed to enjoy the ride as much as we did and those folks that gave us the "thumbs up" during our journey.

I wanted to share this with our members, especially with those who have not had the pleasure of driving these beautiful scenic roads and visiting these CT sites. They truly compliment the joy of owning a classic Z car. Put it on your bucket list! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:27 pm 

Sounds like a great time. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
The Griz is a great place to eat and Essex is nice to see. 8)

I am hoping for at least a few more nice days myself. Image

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:58 pm 

Did Charlie tell you how great your Z sounds from behind with the top down, John?
Karl's in a real dilemma; if he only had one more great Z day to drive, he wouldn't know which car to take.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 am 

One's put away for the season already . . . . its a easy choice. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:12 pm 

Yeh Frank, He loved the sound of the pipes. When leaving the castle there was a young couple standing by the Z. The guy was asking me the usual questions, said he always wanted one. I said there was one in our club for sale for about $1M, I told him mine was a few bucks less. :P

Ha! Ha! Love your emogie Karl! And he must be driving a British Z - Right hand drive! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:43 pm 

Nice story, John Kish. I went out the other afternoon looking for autumn color in Wallingford, Cheshire and Southington. It wasn't warm enough to drop the top but I did find some spectacular color. If you play with Facebook, take a look see. I'm hesitant to put her away for the winter, just yet. There just might be a sunny afternoon or two left to enjoy. Reality says I should change the oil, top off the gas and put her away. We'll see!!

Alan