Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 pm 

Hello Everyone
On Jan 20th 2018 this coming weekend, As Ambassador it's is my great honor to announce that 6 time SCCA and 1 time GTU champion our very own Bob Sharp will be inducted to the SCCA Hall of Fame along with others in Las Vegas Nevada.
Bob and I have recently worked with SCCA in providing correct information and of course images from the BSR Archives.
After this weekend I will be sure to post a link and any pictures of the presentation as soon as there marketing person gets them to me.
Bob has had a previous engagement planned and is unable to attend but will be sending a video in of special thanks and acceptance.

Special thanks to Alan Robbins for putting Bob's name in for a nominee several years back.
This is such an Amazing blessing and very much deserved for a man that has done and accomplished so much.
Lets all give Bob a warm Congratulations on something we all will cherish for a long time to come.

Attachments:
img137.jpg
img137.jpg [ 338.06 KiB | Viewed 3108 times ]

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Last edited by Scott.Cole on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 pm 

Sounds like well deserved recognition to me.
Congratulations Bob and much thanks for all you have done for our group over the years ! ! ! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm 

WELL! This is LONG overdue and very welcome news. Bob has devoted so many decades of spectacular accomplishment to the sport of auto racing, it's a wonder they haven't done this sooner. I suspect they didn't take his retirement seriously and held off his induction until they were pretty sure he wasn't going to come back and do something else spectacular. They just didn't want to act prematurely so they wouldn't have to keep updating his list of accomplishments! :lol:

I've just recently heard news about Bob. He is settling in well down in Florida, has made friends with several Z clubs down there and attended our member (and PreZident of the Suncoast Z Club) Jimbo Fredrick's annual Z Christmas party at Jim's Z Mecca.

Some members of the local Z club picked Bob up at his house and drove him all the way to Jimbo's and back. I can just picture the procession of Zs THAT must have created. A Bob Sharp Christmas Z convoy. Just one of the advantages of living somewhere you can drive your Z all 12 months each year.

One of Jimbo's twenty-two 1969/70 240Zs is a green coupe which Bob built up and sold to Paul Newman while PLN was racing for him. I don't know how long it's been since he's seen that car before this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN-Z6Zt8F1U

A word of thanks (again) to our Scotty Cole, who has stood at Bob's side for the past few years and dedicated a lot of personal time ensuring Bob's legacy finally got some of the exposure it deserves. But for Scott's diligence, Bob wouldn't even have a Wikipedia page yet. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Sharp_(racing_driver)

We were blessed to have Bob 'all to ourselves' for more than a decade. I know he will miss Lime Rock Park Raceway, but I can close my eyes and picture him hanging out at Sebring in the sun.

Frank T

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 pm 

Awesome Bob, good job Scotty.