Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 pm 

Sweet looking non-turbo looks like it just came out of the showroom but he's asking a very strong $13,500. Claims to have paper work from day one. Seem a little rich.

http://www.zcar.com/forum/15-cars-sale- ... stock.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:46 am 

I couldn't raise the photos he offered, but I noted he just joined that forum expressly to sell that car, and it's his first and only post. He claims to be the "second owner" who has only driven it one mile. In other words, he bought it to flip it and make a bundle of money.

If it's a Texas car it might actually be rust-free (something I never, ever believe about a Z car unless I zee it myself). Sounds as if some Texan took perfect care of his car, maybe sold it at a fair price or traded it to a car dealer, who is now rubbing his hands and cackling over how much profit he might sell it for. If he was truly enthusiastic about the car, he couldn't have limited himself to driving it only a single mile. I mean, who else but car dealers do that? You buy a new car, drive it a single mile, then sell it? That's literally around the block or 1/2 mile down the road, then back to the used car lot.

I do know members who have paid very close to that amount for perfect 280s but this is a 280zx and I wouldn't stand in line to buy one for that price, personally.

Now he admits there is "some" rust and "some" scratches and that he might consider $10,500 cash. He also admits the $13.5K price was suggested to him by someone else, which indicates he, personally, doesn't know what the car is actually worth. He's not a Z enthusiast (he doesn't even know Betty's name), he's a profiteer who tells people not to "criticize him" when they voice the truth. Sounds to me like he took this car in as trade or bought it cheap from some widow after her husband died and he doesn't really know what it's worth. I think the seller is probably a small-time dealer who used to stand outside carnival midway tents and call everyone in to hur-ry, hur-ry, hur-ry, step right up and see the two-headed fat lady for one thin dime. I doubt I would buy anything from him just on principle alone. Car is probably worth closer to $6-8K and he probably paid a lot less for it than that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 am 

I agree 100% that this guy is only interested in a quick flip and trying to cash in on Z money. But, it does look good.