Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 am 

The Z31 is forecast to soon become an expensive classic collectable car. Get yours today while they're still affordable:

http://www.odometer.com/rides/12905/13- ... ull#page=1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:12 am 

The issue with the Z31 is there are many parts that are no longer available. The electrical systems are VERY difficult to work with because of the technology of the time. The 80's is when electrical features in cars was all the rage, but it was still all analog and not sorted.

They are between 32-26 years old which presents entirely new issues, many people did not do the up keep on their cars, so suspension systems (not just shocks), brake systems (not just rotors and pads), engines (not just plugs), wiring, paint, etc.
Anyone venturing forward into the Z31 will have their hands full unless you have a great example to start with.

I have worked on many of them and most owners say they can't find people to fix them, this is also an issue.

I am not saying not to get one, just saying be ready to spend some serious bucks and no you won't be able to get anywhere near your money back when you are done. Most will give up and move on to another platform.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:51 pm 

Rich, I agree with much of what you have to say about the Z31. Your caveats about it, though, would apply to just about any 30year old format. It's old, true, and a lot of its parts, as stated, are nla (from Nissan). On the other hand A LOT of Z31 parts ARE still avail from Nissan and OEM sources as well as aftermarket. If one knows where to look, nib/nos wire looms are still avail. Suspensions are tired. All 30yo rubbers/bushes have turned to mush or are gone completely. Enter avail from Prothane, Energy Suspension and------Nissan. Replace your elect adjustable shocks? Forget about it. Enter Tokico, Moog, Monroe,Gabriel, KYB, Koni, Bilstein. Springs= B&G, Eibach, King, ST or just go coilovers. Brakes; Z31 remans easy; Z32 fits later 31s- Wilwood,Brembos,etc. avail.
My point is that from a diy/wrench bender view the Z31 is a cheap date. Lot of them around (11 w/in 10mi of me); parts sources, boneyards,etc. Five parts sites on FB, active forum with archives @www.Z31performance.com.
my 2cents

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:12 pm 

Funny y ou should bring this up. Look what I rec'd yesterday/

Attachments:
File comment: any condition
cars.jpg
cars.jpg [ 81.57 KiB | Viewed 5414 times ]
cars.pdf [28.91 KiB]
Downloaded 278 times
cars.pdf [28.91 KiB]
Downloaded 286 times

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:28 am 

Pogo is right. You nailed it man. PS...we have yet to meet! I just picked up another Z..let's cruise this spring/summer once I graduate!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:06 pm 

You're on, Filipe. Maybe we can get Augustus Maximus (aka Rowan) on board too.

86na
88t