Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Engine Re-assembly help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:30 pm 

Hello all,
Its been a while since I have been on the site. Many of you probably remember me as the crazy club member that was bit by a black widow and chose to put off going to the hospital to attend a club meet. At the time my motor was out of the car and was at the machine shop, which incidentally took the machine shop exactly 1 year to the date to finish the work. Unfortunately for me I lost use of my right hand for about 6 months past that and have had 4 surgeries on my hand since then. My wife and I have gotten settled and bought a house in Southbury and my Z is finally seeing the light of day again after almost three years in storage. I Feel like I am finally up to reassembling the engine for my Z. The problem is it has been out for sooooo long and there are sooooooooo many parts. UGH! I guess the good news is most of the parts are brand new. My dilemma is at some point throughout the move my injectors disappeared and I need a little guidance and direction on the build. If anyone could point me in the right direction to find a good manual that can walk me through it I would really appreciate it. I just wonder if I'd be further ahead just to buy a assembled motor for it and install it and then just sell the motor I have to pay for it. I'd really like to be able to finish what I started with my car. Does anyone know if Haynes or Chilton have a manual for the car? I have been looking but no luck so far. Also its quite possible I could be missing a few other parts so if anyone is close to where I live and has time to stop in to survey my mess of parts that would be a great help too. As for what the was done to the engine, I had it bored out and all new gaskets and rings ect for it, the heads were ported and polished, the crank was rebalanced to the Underdrive pulley kit I bought, brand new wiring harness all the way to the ECU, it has a JWT programmable ECU and connects to a laptop via Nissan datascan software, new belts, new timing belt, silicone radiator hoses, new mishimoto aluminum radiator, apexi boost controller, turbo timer, new gas tank, headers, electric cooling fan, new pistons, new knock sensor, thermostat, head gasket, new valves, stage 2 JWT cams, new gas tank, new staggered rims and tires, new clutch kit, a stainless steel bolt kit from RDZ, new head bolts, all new test pipes and exhaust, short throw shifter kit, rebuilt stock turbos, hicas eliminator bar, cross drilled slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads, dual JWT Pop charger, optima battery, hks BoV's, Bigger fuel pump when the tank was done at Middletown Nissan. Im sure I am missing some info but this is what I remember off the top of my head. I'm going to dig out my engine stand and clean both the bays out of my garage so the car can be pushed in and cleaned up and the other bay I will lay all the parts out and rebuild the motor in. Other than the wiring harness not being fully connected when the motor goes back in is there anything else that cant be attached for the motor to fit back in? If anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd love to hear from you. Thanks in advance for the help that I know and have seen the club provide.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:54 am 

Hi Chad!

Wow, I just now found this post! :shock: It's 9 months old!
Have you made any progress on the car?

I don't know why I haven't seen this before ~ I have been thru this forum many times this year.

Of course we remember you! We still have pictures of your spider bite! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: Glad to hear from you again.

I am of little use for modern ZX cars, and especially not turbo cars, so I can't offer any help (sorry). But the RDZ guyz are the ones to take everything to if you can afford to have someone else reassemble the car for you. That sounds like a ton of stuff you have ready for your car, and personally I can't imagine anyone even having that much spare space to store everything you listed! Unless you are working out of an empty multi-bay garage with some sort of a lift available, I wouldn't even begin reassembly at home. It would be worth it to me to rent a Uhaul truck and carry all that stuff to RDZ and let them deal with the headaches. Wow.
A Nissan dealer near you MIGHT agree to put it all back together for you, but I couldn't picture a single man doing all that by himself in his home garage.

Come to the car show in North Haven this saturday?

Frank