Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Can't find a gasket??
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:16 am 

I normally wouldn't post a question like this on a forum but can not find a specific gasket for the life of me. On the lower coolant inlet near the alternator I haven't been able to get this gasket for my 1982 280zx turbo. In a rebuild kit and in ones I've ordered they are all too large to fit. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on where I can get one.
Thanks,
Evan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:21 am 

Just realized I might as well just buy gasket material and cut one out... If anyone does know how to get one I would prefer that however.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:14 am 

G'morning Evan ~

I'm lacking the ability to visualiZe which gasket you're referring to. Can you add a photo for those of us who lack early-morning imagination? :lol: I'm confident a gasket exists for every hose on every Datsun/Nissan made.

If nobody else volunteers, this guy is just up the road from you, and is highly recommended. He's our member, too, and very Z-friendly:

["Vinny Bedini is also in New Milford, and has been rebuilding race-winning and record-setting Z engines since the 1970s. (860)355-1829. (http://www.ctzcc.com/images/bedini.pdf)"].

He's bound to have a spare gasket laying around somewhere. It would do you good to drive up there and zee his shop anyway, just so you know what he has available. These engines were all the same block, so what you're looking for probably fits any of the L series engines.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 am 

Hold that thought, I Might have a new one.................If not I have a big sheet of cork gasket. :roll: I swear I just saw it yesterday.