Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 am 

["Here she is from the back side"].

No, this one's a boy (straight line spots). They normally foal two fawns a year, and Mom can only maintain control of one at a time until they get bigger. She leaves one and takes one to water. You've now seen both the brother and sister.

She will consider your yard safe (until you prove otherwise) because that's where she birthed them, and it's the first area they are familiar with. Their entire life travels will be built around their knowledge of your yard as 'base'. They will actually return to your yard often, enroute to other locations. Instead of roaming around from Point B to Point C, for a long time they will keep returning to Point A (your yard) to begin new exploration from there. You can expect them to wear deer trails to and from your yard in different directions.

*(This one looks like a direct-drive, no gears! :lol:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am 

Yep Frank. I agree with all your observations.
That's the great thing about living in a rural area, being able to observe
wild life. I hope you enjoy your new family Rick.
Jack
I thought maybe a CVT Frank. Uh, those aren't spots BTW, they are
under developed racing stripes. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 pm 

I think I am going to name him "O-Ren He-She-He", after the assassin in the movie Kill Bill. It just seems to fit. I really don't think his kin ran into the Orange Z, the accident took place over 10 years ago, and 25 miles away. But, I know for a fact his mother has been eating all the plants and flowers in the yard. She is the big one, second from the left. I don't mind if they eat the hedges during the winter they grow back fast. Its when they munch on the just planted flowers during the summer that get's me mad. :evil: LOL racing stripes.

1970 240Z #727

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:02 am 

depending on when the show is i might not be able to attend. i feel bad i have been so busy trying to get my life size model done i have had no time to do the mini one. but definitely plan to build it this month. might not be as fancy as the ones i have seen on here. i am glad i at least inspired many of you on here. so even if i can't fully participate i get the joy of seeing all of you guys having fun with this. and since i hope to make this an annual thing maybe next year i will have something nicer to present.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm 

Hey Mike, I am not real sure of the show date, I though it was this month, but all I have seen posted is the monthly meeting on the 10th. No annual summer car show?. I started to look at maps to make the trip. But time is running out to make arrangements. Marilyn still has not finished lower radiator hose. I guess I should not complain, real car has not been wrenched in years by myself. Might have to pull a couple more all nighter's to get it finished.
It looks like there is only 2 entry's, no matter what you build, if the club awards trophy's or t-shirts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, you should win one. If the winner gets the pink slip to Franks car you got 1 in 3 chances of winning. Not bad odds. That's better than the raffle at the local fire hall for the new Ford Mustang. :lol: Happy Independence Day

1970 240Z #727

Last edited by Nikrick on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:19 pm 

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 am 

So when is this show Frank!, anybody got any ideas.

1970 240Z #727

Post subject: model z
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:32 pm 

Frank, you didn't know about the raffle? http://forums.ctzcc.com/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:20 am 

Hey guys, here it is August!, though it was time for an update. Marilyn has finally finished that radiator hose. The Z is running great!!. We took it to a local car show and it won 3 trophies. First place for widest wheels and tires, most accurate dashboard gage "temp." and the prettiest co-pilot/mechanic. I never heard of them categories before, hey it put a smile on Marilyn's face.

1970 240Z #727

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 pm 

Incredible!!! Gets better each time we see it!

When I toyed with this following idea, it was for toys. This guy "thinks bigger" than I do:

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/guy-buildin ... 43575.html

I say we all pitch in and buy NickRick one of these printers, and keep him in supplies for a few years while he makes us each a Christmas present. All in favor, say, "Aye".

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:13 pm 

Ha that's ok Frank, I have all the parts printed for next years contest. I hope I can finish it in time. Here is a link of what I hope to accomplish. Not a Ford Mustang, but the beloved Datsun 240Z. This small scale paper Z was just a warm up.

http://jalopnik.com/5841724/the-amazing ... t-of-paper

http://jalopnik.com/5842236/a-ford-must ... er-photos/

1970 240Z #727

Post subject: model Z contest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:45 am 

Well, we had a great Sat. at the 8th annual gathering. I was able to get the roadzter down there, along with the model roadzter fabricated during this contest. I have to say it was a ball doing this and we all had fun posting and watching the postings. I have to say it was dissappointing that the contest never came to an end point. I was under the impression the gathering was to include models of those who could make it. Did not happen. Kind of a let down. We should still try to get any models that were made and any to come all together at some event next year, even if it's an excuse to gather.
That's my 2 cents.
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:19 pm 

Jack,
Originally, if I remember correctly, the model show was to be the same date as the CTZCC Zcar show in June 2013. Maybe it can be re-scheduled to coincide with the next show in June 2014 (or whenever). For what I paid for the 350Z model kit, I better have it finished by then. I don't remember Revel ever building a kit with so many small parts to paint and assemble!
Have a good cold season,
Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 am 

I'm pretty bummed out that this didn't materialiZe this year. Lots of people got model kits and I personally know of several people who DONATED model kits to other members, yet no show became organiZed. I think that's unfair. Most of us worked pretty hard to build these (mine is a combo of two kits) and some of us did spectacular jobs on their models. We should have had the model show this year, but in lieu of that, we'd better have it this coming year or the membership is probably going to Mutiny.

I've seen Jack's exotic 260 Roadster model (with spare engines, tools, trophies and safety cones) and pictures of Rick's incredible Series-1 240Z with Marilyn Monroe as his co-pilot and they're both unbelievable. I know of at least 7 other model kits which were donated free this year and others who bought some, but we still didn't hold a model show? It's unfair to trick a bunch of members into doing all that work (and accidentally painting the patio furniture Pearlescent colors) and then not establishing a show.

Mike, I feel you are obligated to make this happen. It was your great idea and everyone's fired up about it. I know you got several of those kits and I'll bet there are at least a doZen total entrants waiting for you to shoot the cannon. I ask that you pick a firm 2014 date and organiZe this and make it happen. I don't expect my own entry will win against either of the two I have already seen, but the spirit and sport of the thing is the whole idea behind building them, and we certainly owe it to any generous people who donated free kits to the Club for this competition.

We didn't get a car show this year because our usual sponsors didn't respond in time or volume, and that was beyond our control. But we certainly could have held this at the Fall Outing and I think we should have done.

Time is not kind to model cars. Unless they are meticulously protected, the glue deteriorates, dust collects on them and spiders can even move in. Rick and Jack have poured lots of hours into excellent models (Ricks even DRIVES! :shock:) and by next year neither of them will look as sharp as they do now.

No offense man, but let's do this before the best models fall apart?

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 pm 

I think I'm going to have to rewire the roadzter due to mice damage and I found a few acorns in the exhaust going down to Darien. Might have to redo the whole thing for next year. Is there some guilt being transmitted?
Jack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next