Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm 

Frank T wrote:
INCREDIBLE detail !!! Even has tools and a headasket, and the gas flap!! :D

Deadline is our July car show, but by then you'll be DRIVING this 'model' :lol:

Yeah that is amazing! I agree with Frank. You'll be turning that engine over soon. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm 

Rick, I hope you bring that art work to the July show. Even if you don't have a running full sized z at the time, at least the paper Z will be motive.
Look forward to meeting you.
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm 

Hi guys, wow, first the lawnmower broke down, then the computer crashed. I don't think I can make the show in July, but I have relatives in Mass. and R.I. maybe they can visit the show. All this spare time no mower, no computer, I made a couple more changes to the Z. Marilyn was really struggling with that lower hose, so I decided to make it a little easier for her. Jack, you and your 20/20 vision made so much more work for both Marilyn and myself. But I am glad you saw that temp. gage. Pics very soon. :lol:

1970 240Z #727

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:39 am 

Good morning all you Z fanatics, I have a few new pics, I reached behind the seats and pulled out the jack and wheel chocks to give Marilyn a little more room to get that lower radiator hose on. She should be finished shortly. LOL, Me too I think.

1970 240Z #727

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:08 am 

:shock: Absolutely incredible.

How did you make the little tool hold-downs, the jack (with a one-handled crankbar!) and the AntifreeZe bottle? And the colors are even correct!

Good thing you aren't into model trains, Rick ~ you'd spend your entire lifetime building detailed little villages.

Do you remember Orr in Catch 22?

Frank

(PS ~ you've gotta do something about that hood prop-rod. It's the ONLY part of your entire model which doesn't look 100% believable. Maybe a fat paperclip could be bent right, or something.....?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am 

Hi Frank, Aw this is fun!, I feel like I am spending my entire life building Z models. Only good thing most of these details only took a few minutes to make. Super glue and accelerator is a God send.

Yea that hood prop rod looks funny, I was trying to keep this paper model, PAPER!, The model has sorta morphed to a Hybrid, paper, plastic, brass, aluminum, balsa wood, its got it all. Its nice modeling something everyone that is reading this post knows about. Those tool hold down clips would only be recognized by a Z nut. They are just some bent brass wire, stuck into some small aluminum tubing. They actually flip flop like the real deal. Tubing and brass wire can be bought at most of the Hobby stores. There is a trick to cutting the alum. tubing, you can cut thru it like butter!.

Dad was very big into model trains and scenery. He would be the one to do your architecture models Filipe. He has modeled my brothers cabin in the Woods, and his house here in Pittsburgh. They are amazing.

Take care, Rick

1970 240Z #727

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 am 

:lol: LoL! Wait till John T zees those tool hold downs and the jack handle bag ~ he's gonna flip. :mrgreen:

Post subject: model z
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:19 pm 

Hey Rick, maybe you should consider opening an early Z car parts store. Guys are always looking for something. Example, I'm looking for an R200 LSD for my roadster. Just a thought .................. you're too much!
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm 

I know how tough these parts are to find!, I pulled the real jack and little case out of the orange car as a guide. The chocks on the other hand were not clipped in behind the seat, the clip was there but no chocks. I don't have a clue where they went to. I searched a few boxes, found some new black 240Z side stripes. The chocks are not in the garage, Maybe in the attic.

I saw a few years ago Motorsport Auto was making repops of the hinged plastic cover that fits behind the seats, my car was without them for years, they were broken/cracked. I don't know about a making a limited slip diff., but I might try making a couple of those plastic covers and bending some steel into some new chocks.

1970 240Z #727

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:16 pm 

Rick, I was thinking 1/24 scale. you know so all those building models would have complete cars.
You'd need to be able to do a REALY small signature though, for those who wanted signed pieces. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 pm 

Yikes, when I am done with this Paper Z, Its time for a break. 3 months is longer than I expected to spend on this one. I had a bunch of laughs and got a unique model to put on the shelf, but enough is enough. I keep looking under the hood thinking I need to add the lower Radiator hose and a few more details. I also started to cut open the passenger door. It never ends. The lawn mower is running and the grass is growing. Struggling with new computer and Windows 8, Microsoft really messed up this time. I am not sure when I will finish the paper Z.

This guy was born in the back yard earlier in the week. It was fun watching him trying to stand up. He is probably kin to the one that ran into my Orange Z. :evil:

1970 240Z #727

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 pm 

"He" is a she. See those spots? All helter-skelter and confused? That's natures way of saying "female".

Little boy fawns have their spots all in a neat & orderly row down both sides. 8)

Frank T

Attachments:
Male Whitetail.jpg
Male Whitetail.jpg [ 460.22 KiB | Viewed 7131 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:55 pm 

Amazing what you can learn on this forum....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 am 

Aw cool, there were 2 born, but only one has returned. I hope the second one comes back. Here she is from the back side.

1970 240Z #727

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 am 

Rick, you've really added to this contest and I thank you for what I hope
has inspired many members to join in the fun. I've also enjoyed doing a model and may add to it later on. Currently I'm just making what I hope is the last mod. to my roadster (full sized) for the season so I can just drive from event to event and enjoy the company and meet more new people. I hope you get the orange Z up and running. You have elevated this and made it really enjoyable. Thanks and don't become a stranger.

I really hope other members will keep this going so it doesn't fall by the wayside.
The fawn is an added pleasure. Frank, can you tell us if this is an auto or manual? I get confused.
Jack

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next