Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:59 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Can I Breathe Now?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm 

Hi Folks;

Been a while since I've been here, my apologies. Been very busy both business wise and personal/Z wise.

Allow me to update.
But first I want to thank Phil again, The ECCS Manual he sent me was/is a godsend.

I've asked for a picture account for Member rides, haven't had a chance to upload em to my webspace yet but will try in the next couple of days and post em here.

Well grandson and I spent the summer driving "Poppa's Cool Car" all over. Beach, daycamp. overnights, visits to friends, I was "Required" to drive him everywhere. Can't complain, I got to show off car and grandson all in one, I love win-win!!

We'd decided we needed to finish insulating and sheetrocking the garage but got a bit carried away. Put up a ceiling, some ceiling fans, decided to do some rewiring, hung some new storage shelves, other minor stuff.
Then things got interesting. Stumbled across a very nice Hobart Welder for sale up in Maine for a very nice price. Up I went to get it. A week later I stumbled into one hell of a deal on a VERY capable compressor.

Wellll, I now needed 220 in the garage so we dug a trench 150 feet in clay and swamp and ran 100 amp service to the garage. Then Comcast showed up and said I needed to rewire new cable in my house to handle their digital "upgrade", grrrrrrrrrrrrr
HEY, I gotta be able to watch the Pats while I work on her right?
Soooooo we dig it all up again, lay some new pipe and run special cable. Noooo gentleman/ladies, pipe is NECESSARY in my yard, either wife plants something everywhere or dog digs it up.
(Ignore em all, focus on car mode I keep reminding myself)

Anyway we get all that about done and in mid Sept I run across a parts car/resto project. It's not a turbo but by this time the wife has decided she wants a Z too (Yeah I let her drive it a few times this summer) so if I don't restore this one, I'll have parts if I get her a non turbo. Sooooo it lands in my yard.

Then I decide to strip it down before winter so into the Z garage it goes in mid october. Spent about 5 weeks taking her apart, got everything but the underside and steering which I'll pull come spring.

So this afternoon I pushed it out and parked it for storage and moved my baby in.

Serious evaluation of what needs to be done and to what extent I'm going to take this restore will start in earnest this coming weekend. Know I gotta do floors, we'll see what else when I get under her and get a good look.

If I don't get back before then, Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Folks

Doug
81 ZXT

Attachments:
100_1399.jpg
100_1399.jpg [ 39.68 KiB | Viewed 1666 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:35 am 

sounds like a good life! always good to hear Z stuff filled with passion and enthusiasm! :D

ps. those 2-seater zx's have always been on my "want one" list. ;)