Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Colin Foote
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:57 pm 

The posting of the photo of Colin Foote holding an award as a memorial is a class action of the highest degree. As a relatively new member, I did not know Colin but am proud to be a member of this organization that obviously cares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:30 am 

Thank you ~ that's a very nice thing to say and we're glad you appreciate it. In fact, that very photo is scheduled to replace the temporary one we're using on our Homepage now. I think everyone likes that happy, sunny, shorts-and-sandals shot.

I wish you had known Colin, even a little. For a guy under 30, he was an amaZing source of information. I could never bring up a subject which he couldn't talk about with authority. I envied his education.

Colin was the kind of guy everyone would want to have in their own family. If you were planning a big party and wanted it to be a success, you would start by putting Colin's name on the invitation list first, without any hesitation. Then you would have to think carefully about the next 50 names.

He could be funny, serious, talkative or quiet, depending solely on who he was talking with. I kinda looked at the guy with a little awe, always thinking he could be ANYthing he ever wanted to be in life.

I never met anyone who didn't genuinely like him, or who had anything bad to say about him. Just an all-around good guy, and I'm afraid we're gonna miss him worse and worse as time goes on.

That memorial picture was the product of two of our members. Mike Tubiak and Joe Plescia volunteered their skills as a Graphic Artist and professional Printer, to make that memorial for us. They put their heads together and coordinated efforts with Colin's family, and just DID this. I picked up the finished product last Friday and it put a lump in my throat when I saw it. It's 2'x2' and weatherproof. We intend to display it at each of our meetings and events, in an empty parking space in the 240Z section, where Colin would have parked.

Even if Colin's dad (Robin) brings Colin's car to our events, Colin's memorial picture will still get its own space. It will be like having him with us, a little bit.

And yes, this really is a good Club. We've got some of the best people I've ever met in here with us. They make me more and more proud with everything they do.

Next time y'all zee or speak with TheZMan or JoeP, be sure to thank them for the superior job they both did (voluntarily) on this memorial, the first project they ever worked on together.

Must be something about the carz they drive......

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:35 am 

Kathy and I saw it.

It put a lump in the throat of a retired Marine (Frank).
It brought tears to the eyes of a former Paratrooper/Ranger (me).
It rendered Kathy speechless; she's the spokesperson in the family.

When each of you first gets to see it, I would like to know what kind
of a reaction it generates in you. This thread would be a wonderful
venue to share that not only with me, but with the entire Club.

All Z Best,......................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)