Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:40 pm 

And now you see the problem involved in overcoming just the FIRST question on the list.

Trust me, we've had a long time to discuss this. It evolved into the realiZation that the quickest and cheapest method of having a Club race car would be to buy an existing one ~ competitive or not ~ which already had all the safety features on it (fuel cell, plexi, approved roll cage, fire system, electrical cut off, tow points, safety bars and straps, etc) and just race it as-is.

Even that would cost a bundle, and then there's the trailer, the spare rubber, the parts, the fuel, the full race Battle Rattle, the entry fees, and onward from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm 

Quote:
I offered my Z to the club and it went no where.
I have a trailer, can register the car, will be in my name, have a place to store, insure it, and work on it, have tools, have tons of tires, have tons of wheels, engines.... etc...etc... and have offered to the one's that works on it, supplies parts, has connections...the use of it to use it. I have other cars and other projects that I aspire to build...and I'm not the kind of person to withhold anything....most people know of me as a helper and I hope someone that can be trusted...

but those darn legal issues.....

so it still sits.... Crying or Very sad

you are a big helper. in 6 months i have already discovered that. Frank isn't this a good start?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:58 pm 

how about just a Bob Sharp inspired autocross Z? no huge cost there being as to do autocross all you need is a registered vehicle and a helmet. and you can share a helmet. so if we took Airjockie's Z repainted in a CTZCC/Bob Sharp theme. the rest of that car is all set for autocross. we can modify more if we want to. Autocross events cost no more than 25 bucks a person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 pm 

RICH MAN's ENTERTAINMENT

If you're good enough,you can make a small fortune racing--you just have to start w/ a big one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:30 pm 

Boy, Zman. Fix a few things on your car and you get all sorts of fired up. :D

Wish I had that feeling right now. Maybe I will when my car is running again... :cry:

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 pm 

Frank T wrote:
And now you see the problem involved in overcoming just the FIRST question on the list.

{Who will keep the car? }

It sat safely, rusting away on my driveway for the last year... not being used because it needs a tune....I'm still waiting for Vinny to come work his magic on it. If it ran, then I would let the club decide what it looked like, and I would drive it to work if it was set up to do so... and plaster it with club info so that if another person saw it, and they have a Z, he/she would look up the websites name that was at least as big as the door...and join. Daily advertisement.... free

I've already told the wife that if I had a crash in the subaru and died, CTZCC gets my Z, and Hondaswap.com gets my CRX.... and all associated parts to each club and website....since she wont use them anyways.....and I can't use them if I'm not around.....

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:03 pm 

YZ Flares, whale tail, G-nose, giant wheels. DO IT!

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:15 pm 

Do what? Die? NOoOoooo! :shock:

AJ, I undrstd Vinny was (is) planning to visit you soon. He has another obligation near you and was trying to arrange to kill two birds with the same wrench, to save him another trip from New Milford.

That 260 would make a nifty race project, but considering all the work you put into it, it seems a shame to tear it all apart to lighten it.

Is that the same one you drifted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm 

PhrogZ46 wrote:
YZ Flares, whale tail, G-nose, giant wheels. DO IT!

single layer carbon hood, fiberglass hatch with lexan windows all around, seam weld the chassis and toss in some extra bracing through the floors....We are so on the same page :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 pm 

Yeah Chris I am really fired up now! And the idea just popped in my head. We all have talent and creativity why not put it all together and build something we could all be proud of. I like Claytons idea of free advertisement. People will see this car and will instantly know that this is the club to be a part of. So let's start this project! I hope I can fire you guys up too!!! :D