Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 pm 

Should be interesting to watch. I'm doing a Z32 NA > TT swap for my cousin this summer and another for a friend this spring.

Good luck. it's a big chore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:22 pm 

Rick, I believe it's not a mandatory thing, matter of fact I was there this summer, and they are all left hand drive, It's just that the Z32 TT 2+2 was only available as a right hand drive, and I think because of some litigation's, they only arrived in Canada. This is to the best of my knowledge, so not 100% sure, but if you search for a Z32 TT 2+2, you will defiantly find them in Canada, unless someone brought one here. IM most HO, you sound young, no kids? Just buy a Z32TT and enjoy the ride, forget the back seats. Get a second vehicle that does. Especially if in snow country. Preserve your Z, and beat on the other vehicle. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:25 pm 

well put!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm 

Paul, I'm real young, Just turned 16 at the end of December. :lol:
The reason I bought the 2+2 is because I have 2 siblings and a bunch of cousins so if need by I can take 2 extra people in the car, if they are flexible or really short that is. It's just nice to know that you have the option to bring 3 people along, and by people I do mean girls :wink:

I already have a second car, since I bought my car I still have the car I was going to get, but didn't really want, a 94 Caddilac Fleetwood Brougham, waiting in the driveway, that I can drive whenever. But hopefully that will be gone by the end of the summer and a small pickup will replace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 am 
Quote:
I'm picturing the complicated swap of the battery and master cylinders from one side of the car to the other, along with all associated wiring and brake lines...... Sad

I'm not sure that's a way I would want to spend my summer! Laughing

But we all love the beauty of all those wires when the dash is off :)

Quote:
Rick, I believe it's not a mandatory thing, matter of fact I was there this summer, and they are all left hand drive, It's just that the Z32 TT 2+2 was only available as a right hand drive, and I think because of some litigation's, they only arrived in Canada.

Correct.
A) It is very unusual to see a RHD car in Canada, and even they, they are usually skylines.
B) Z32 TT 2+2 is RHD only, and was not sold in the US.
C) I'm pretty sure that like the skyline, a bunch were imported to Canada via private importers due to our more relaxed importing laws and demand for this model. I have been able to find any info on how to import one from Can to the US. Hope it's not like the GTR.

Also, the stock TT will respond well to exhaust upgrade (go figure).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:21 am 

Since it was bumped, I might as well update a little bit.

As of right now, I don't plan on swapping my engine this summer, but am still considering it in the future.

Sometime today I will order my new catback exhaust and O2 sensors, which depending on shipping and the weather will be put on next weekend or the following.

Then in April I will be doing a 120k service on my car which is going to set me back $600 in parts alone and another $700 in labor if I bring it to Rich at RDZ.

I'm also looking at upgrading the suspension within the next few months, as the alignment is off quite a bit and the steering is quirky ecspecially at highway speeds.
http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_in ... ts_id=3115
That's another $600 plus installation and an alignment afterward.

So as it stand right now I'm looking at putting $500 in exhaust and 02 sensors, $600-$1300 in Maintenance and $600+ in suspension.

That means I'll have to push my paintjob back to next summer and leaves my TT swap up in the air.

Looks like I'm going to be spending more time working and less time driving in the Z this summer. :roll: