Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:41 am 

Hi Guys/Gals:
I've always liked the 280ZX Turbo's but haven't really followed the market on them as closely as I have the 240Z's.

This one seems like a super nice example, with fairly low mileage, at a very reasonable price - a bargain really. Am I wrong? Can you buy anything close to this for $12K today? I mean, gee a paint job is $6K...

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/8/2077371

FWIW,
Carl B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 am 

Def worth 12k if you like the s130 models. The car is very clean and if I were a huge fan of that model I would be all over it. I think Carl is right about just the cost for a nice paint job. Cars like this do not come up often and I think the seller will be able to make a sale with that pricing. Just have to find the right buyer.

1976 Fairlady Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:52 am 

Carl,

That 280zxt appears to be in great condition! I am usually not a fan of the burgundy interior color in the 280zx's, but I would definitely make an exception on that color combination. Looks great when matched with that exterior color.

I don't follow 280zxt prices very closely, unfortunately most 280zxt's are viewed solely as donor vechicles, which this Z is definitely not. Is it located in Florida and something you're interested in purchasing. I'm sure you would enjoy driving it.

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:11 pm 

Hi Phil:
The car is in OK - I've seen a few low mileage, very clean, original examples change hands in the past year. One 82 with 33K miles went pretty quickly for $15K, one 82 with less than 10K miles went for over $24K.

It seems that most of the 280ZX Turbo's either have 150K+ miles or less than 25K miles.. Seeing one with 58K miles in very nice condition is somewhat rare. Nonetheless the collector interest in these few low mileage examples seems to be growing every year. Five years ago this one would have been a $5,500.00 car, and top dollar for a perfect example with less than 10K miles would have been $14K.

They are very nice cars to take on road trips - good A/C and lots of power. I think they are hard to beat if you can pick a very well cared for example, with less than 60K miles, for between $12K and $15K.

Just wondered what others were thinking...

FWIW,
Carl B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 am 

I too have seen this car online for a while. As a kid I loved the lines of the 280zx's and would imagine that it has ample power to match its beauty. This is probably one of the nicest 280zx's available at the moment... and even though it's listed as '$12k firm', it's been for sale for quite a while and I would imagine that the owner would realistically let it go for somewhere near $10k. Though the value of these cars is surely increasing slightly with time, we are in a recession and it's darn near impossible to sell an older, used car these day for top dollar (which is what I think he's asking), especially one that's got nearly 60k miles on it... it doesn't matter how nice it is. Not saying that it isn't worth the asking price; just saying that if you really want this car, NOW is the time to buy it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:06 am 

It's worth that all day long. Now due to the fact of recession I would offer 9g's, but would be happy for the 10g's. I'm not a fan of that color either, but that is very nice and it is fully loaded as well. Of course the first thing I'd do is rearrange that sound system. For the S30 guys, X means luxury and that's just what it is. It's been 25 years since I drove my first car, 72 240, then got right into the s130's and had more than I can remember, and love them all day long. Of course I can't wait to drive my 72 240z I have now outside my neihbor hood. :D