Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: My Z build
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 pm 

I have alot of new parts going to my Z over the winter season. Prior to painting next summer.

So far the car has: JWT pop Charger, JWT ECU upgrade, Aluminized High flow cats, HKS Catback exhaust, HKS BOV's, NGK Iridium Plugs, Blitz Turbo Timer, Apexi Boost Controller, Nissan Datascan software and computer, Rebuilt O.E.M. Turbo's, JDM motor swap with about 32,000 miles on the new motor, JWT 4 puck racing clutch, Fidanza Short throw shifter with Nismo knob, Nismo Pedals, Z1 turbo Hardpipes, In dash flip out DVD with power inverter and PS2, Subs, 2 amps, Sun glory window tinting, 19" staggered Neeper Neunzig Chrome rims , Painted calipers, HKS Intercoolers, Gereral Z rated tires, and Ceramic brake pads. I also have an optix underbody kit. I removed the Hicas pump and rear rack and installed a Topspeed Hicas eliminator bar. I may be missing a few items so if I remember any more I will update.

What will be done to it over the winter,
Engine bay will be painted the finished color of the car,
new OEM engine wiring harness installed, New oil pan and oil pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Electric cooling fan, Venom 660cc fuel injectors, A.E.M. fuel pressure regulator, Brembo coss drilled and slotted rotors,Megan RacingHeaders and turbo downpipes, OBX Silicone Upper and lower Radiator hoses, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive pulley kit and belts, Stainless Steel Vanity plate over radiator, new knock sensor, Greddy timing belt, New timing pulleys and Tensioner, New Aisin water pump, New failsafe thermostat, Removing the A/C and all A/C componets, polish the upper intake plemun, several colored engine accents, Greddy Metal Headgasket and if I can find a bolt kit I will be replacing all the bolts with Stainless steel bolts. Energy suspension replacement suspension bushings and I have a gauge pod and boost and AF gauge and External Tach with shift light.

I will be having TJ's in wallingford installing my widebody kit and carbonfiber hood and hood pins, doing the bodywork and spraying the car Lambourghini Orange the begining of the summer after I get all the parts that I just bought paid off. I can't wait to have it done and bring it to a meet. I will post pictures as work progresses on my Z. I have the engine part way tore down and am waiting on RDZ to tell me where to send the heads as I am having them built while they are off. Port and polished, titanium valves, triple springs and possibly new cams. That all if my better half lets me. I want to upgrade the suspension as well I was thinking about goin with TEIN. I was told they make a pretty good setup for the Z32.

Anyone has an suggestions I would gladly entertain them. I am trying for a nice mix of show and Go with my Z and once the engine is finished I am taking it to Rich at RDZ to fine tune and put the finishing touches on the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:19 pm 

I can't wait to zee this!

But hadn't you better install an automatic, Chad?~ you won't be able to shift if they amputate your 'spider-bite' arm. :?

Post subject: Re: My Z build
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:21 pm 

Chad.Young wrote:
I want to upgrade the suspension as well I was thinking about goin with TEIN. I was told they make a pretty good setup for the Z32.

If you haven't already purchased them, I would stay away from the Megan exhaust bits. Ive witnessed issues in both fitment and longevity with both subaru's and Z32's and would save the money to a quality piece. With the scoobs a number of people were actually *loosing* power with them.

Tein makes very nice coilover kits. What are your goals for the car? Do you see yourself participating in a ton of track events? If you don't and want coilovers, go with the SS or Basics. I have run the Basics, Flex, and Super Racings personally and the latter two are overkill for a primarily street vehicle and quickly get beaten to death(rebuilds are expensive, ask me how I learned that). A set of SS's with EDFC would be a sweet street setup :)

Otherwise it sounds awesome, can't wait to see the car when finished!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:50 pm 

I am actually part of N.A.S.A. and my mother and I are going to attend a few of their events. My mom used to race Fynny cars and Dragsters in Michigan in Edmore, Milan and Tri city motor speedway and my father raced drag bikes. So we are trying to to get back into the fun stuff. My mother quit when a funny car she was driving blew up and burned all her hair off. But for the most part I still want to drive it but have the ability to take it to the track a few times a year to enjoy the reason you build them that way in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 pm 

I did however already buy the megan exhaust parts. I never seemed to have any problems with the brand but they are not installed yet so I can return them. Just gotta look around to see what else is out there. Any Suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:55 pm 

Yeah I think discouragement sets in every time I take the motor apart...lol I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it all done for me, but since I can't I will be slowly plugging away at it until it is finished. TJ's told me it will take 3 weeks to do all the bodywork and mold the widebody kit to the car. Ugh! That will be a lonely 3 weeks. But I will be sneaking in and taking pictures so I can keep updating the progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:07 pm 

If you are planning on keeping it street with a couple track days, a pair of Tein Basic or SS's would almost certainly be more then enough. Decent range of adjustment and one of the more cost-friendly options. Are you planning on sticking with stock or near-stock turbos for a while? If so you would see a solid improvement just porting the stock manifolds and having them heat coated. My concern over the Megan's goes back to heat-the Z32's generate a ton of it. Cracking and breaking at the welds is/was not an uncommon occurrence in the suby world with the low-budget headers(Megan, SSAC, etc).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 pm 

Stock for a while for sure unless they puke out on me. Doubt they will cause they just got rebuilt. I guess if the money was right I would upgrade. Just had the gas tank replaced. For what I paid I could have had a fuel cell installed cheaper. Took two tries for it to get installed properly. Fisrt time the car came back the tank was still leaking. But all in all the $1700 I paid for parts and labor wasn't too bad considering the work involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 pm 

Sounds like an awesome build. Really looking forward to seeing the pics of this project as it progresses.

Can't wait till I earn enough money to TT swap my 2+2.

p.s. Thanks for the z32 manual CD you gave me at the meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm 

Hey, Chad, your Mom raced funny cars??? :shock:

Ummm, what kinda pills they got you on for that spiderbite, buddy? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:10 pm 

Yeah she raced em and my dad raced drag bikes. So I guess that makes me crazy too.