Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: S130 Registry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 pm 

I am starting a S130 Registry so we have a listing of Vins and owners. Along with what options for the Later Vins. I will be running through FAST to collect the Later Vins but the Early ones are not in FAST.

Currently I have the 280ZXR models in the Database. I am adding more VINS as I type this.
This is going to be one of the harder projects I have Taken on as the S130 has the two different Vins. Also the Process for the search is new to me as It is my first attempt at Javascript and XML so please be patient with the process.

http://www.xenons130.com/production.html

Here is the link for the Registry I have started, Not all Vins are in here. If your Vin is not listed Please Fill out the form under the search box.

Note: I have found that the Search does not play nice with the IE Browser. It just Refreshes the page. It is tested in FireFox and works well. The Script is in the process of being rewritten to correct this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:43 pm 

Wait ~ WHO are you, please? And why do you want the VIN numbers of our Club members' cars?

This is your first post, you're not even a member yet, and it would be easier for us to share info about our carz if we knew a bit about you and what you intended to do with the information. Your screen-name info tells us NOTHING about you.

This is not simply an 'internet forum' about Z cars. We are an actual Club with an active Membership who meet together and know each other and help each other with our carz. The personal information about our members (and their cars) is as private as the individual member wants it to be ~ that is, we don't share any personal info.

How about an introduction and an explanation about what you intend to do with this info, and who else might eventually get access to it?

Thank you ~
Frank Thomas
Membership Director/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:05 pm 

Frank,

I My Name is Joseph Melnick and am the webmaster of XenonZcar.com. I have been an Active member of the Z Community for going on 10 years. Mainly with the Z31 group. I am not Member of CTZCC as I live in central PA but I do know some of your Members. I also run the site northeastZ.com as a online web calander for all northeast Z car clubs. Ross Williams has an account there to post CTZCC's Events there so all the area clubs can set there events up without conflicts and this way getting a better turnout.

As for what I am doing asking for the Vin numbers, I am putting together a registry for the 280Zx guys. This information will be available for public viewing on my site Xenons130.com. Much like was done by AZ-Zbum for the Z31 and Z32 groups. If this is against the Forum rules I am sorry I posted and Feel free to delete this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 pm 

OK Joe, thanks. We just had no info about you before you posted. No problem now, and thanks for the kind response.
Just watching over the flock! :wink:

Z ya ~
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:36 pm 

Thanks, Frank:

For taking your role as Membership Director seriously. And for your
exceptional diligence in guarding against unauthorized intrusion.

Do I perceive correctly by the 10/29/09 join date that Joe Melnick has
actually now joined CTZCC? If so I would like to welcome him and
extend him the right hand of fellowship. If so I would also like to extend
him an invitation to our outing this weekend in case he has not yet found
it in the Upcoming Events listing.

But if I am incorrect, I would like to invite him to join the Club so he can!

All Z Best,........................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:01 pm 

Welcome Joseph! Glad to see you've found us! Please join the club and visit the forum frequently!!

Frank, I can definitely vouch for Joseph. The XenonZcar.com web site is a great source for Z information. He has downloadable versions of most FSM's in addition to other reference manuals. I've promised to send my 81 280zxt VIN database to him when I return home from my business trip on the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 pm 

Cool! Thanks for the endorsement, Phil.

No Rick, Joe hasn't joined us yet ~ maybe because he thinks someone outside CT is ineligible. Not so, but I'll explain that in a moment.

There are two levels of users on this Forum. One is the casual visitor who reads something of interest and wants to make a statement about it. He creates his own Screen Name, gets listed on our Member List and can chat with us here in the Discussion Forums. Whatever info he does or doesn't provide in his Screen Profile is all we get to know him by.

The PREFERRED level of users is a REGISTERED MEMBER. They are actual CTZCC Members, and we get to meet them and zee their carz. There are over 300 of us in that category. We have taken a moment and pressed the big red button on the Homepage and filled out the 45 seconds of information required to let the Club Officers know who we are (well, it usually takes Porsche owners awhile longer, for some reason!). We get put on Ross' CTZCC mailing list and get updates by email about anything vital to the Club's interest (the weather effecting this weekend's picnic is an excellent example of that).

Another advantage of becoming a Registered Member is that they receive welcome letters from the President and Membership Director, explaining some things about the Club which they wouldn't know otherwiZe. Registered Members also get authoriZation to enter photos in the Member Rides Gallery, while casual visitors do not.

One of the policies of this Club is that Members' personal information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. Only the Club Officers have access to that personal info (full name/address/phone/cars owned, etc) and any one of us who violates that trust WILL lose his Office. We don't share or sell our mailing list to anyone, as some car clubs or forums do. That could put each of you on a commercial mailing list if we did that, and you could get bombarded with snail mail, spam and phonecalls from people trying to make a buck off you because they know you're interested in Z cars. We've actually already had a couple of requests for our mailing list and we've flatly refused to release it, without apologies. As some of you also know, I can't even release your phone number to another Member without your approval. Several of you have already asked, and you've heard my apologetic spiel about privacy. But I've always found another way to get you both in touch with each other, without violating your expectation of privacy. We're here to help you help each other.

I don't know how many members have joined this Club simply because we are the only Club around who protects their members, but our membership rolls continue to grow and everyone seems happy, so I have to assume it's important to many of them. I sure don't want strangers popping by my house uninvited, simply because they read somewhere that I own an old Z car and thought I might want to sell it :shock:. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't welcome that, either.

So we continue to protect your information. Anything you want other people to know about you, your car, your family or your address ~ tell them yourself! :lol:

And Joe, PLEASE KNOW you're eligible and welcome to join us! We have members in 11 states and (as of today!) THREE countries (USA, Australia, and now Germany!:D) We are a FREE Club ~ we don't charge you anything, and we're always welcoming new joins who own or have an interest in these wonderful carz. While more than 90% of our members are right here in CT, those 10% from other states and countries are very active in our Club, and even fly-in or drive-in for our Club events.

So you're VERY welcome to join us, and I encourage you to participate in our Discussion Forums at will.

Z ya!
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 pm 

Well I want to thank you all for the warm welcome here. It's people like you all, that keep me going on my website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 pm 

AND ~ we have one heck of a party this Saturday (Halloween day), and you're invited! It's our final event of the 2009 Zeason, and it's free (like everything else in this Club).

You're more than welcome to pop up here (Darien CT) and pig out on some really good picnic chow, zee the cars, meet the people who make this Club what it really is ~ a brotherhood ~ and share some Z stories and laughs. No booze, no drugs, no dogs, no fights. Bring the family and meet about a hundred other people who live and breathe the Z car. See some Zs which are show cars, hot street machines, racecars, daily drivers, or rolling projects. Also you could see HLS30-00013, the very first 240Z off the Datsun assembly line bound for sale in the USA, and meet Bob Sharp, our Executive Advisor, who first showed the world what these cars were about.

And you'll get to sing it Happy Birthday, as we celebrate its 40th anniversary! :lol: BE HERE?

Frank
*(You can zee a great Panoramic shot of last year's Annual Fall Outing picnic on our Homepage. There were about 70 Zs and roadsters here at the time that shot was taken, and more were turning in as the shutter snapped).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:19 am 

I'd Love to join you Saturday, But other I have a wedding I have to be at in South Jersey. I did post this on the NortheastZ.com/calendar site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:13 pm 

I just wish our Membership Director, Frank, had more enthusiasm for this club. He always seems to be under-selling it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 pm 

:lol:

Ross, I LOVE this Club!