Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:18 pm 

restored with an RB25det..... :twisted:

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:22 pm 

Frank, is Rick the brother or was it cousin of the gentleman you and I met the evening you debuted #2807 in North Haven?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 pm 

Neither Phil ~ that guy has yet to be identified. Rick has no clue who he could be.

But I would like to find him again and shake his hand! He told us the truth and was quite accurate about it. (Remember? I told HIM he was wrong, too! :lol:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 am 

Frank T wrote:
Hi guyz (and WELCOME to our backyard, Carl Beck! An honor to have you aboard, sir!).

Hi Frank:
You know I couldn't miss this - I love great Z Car Stories and hearing yours most certainly is one!!

Frank T wrote:
I intend to work on getting Carl Beck and Mr Katayama Himself signed into YOUR CLUB.

Gee.... I thought Ross made me join years ago... now let's see.. where is that e-mail...:roll:

have a safe trip home.
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 am 

Carl,

If you enjoy a good Z story, you need to read two of Frank's posts regarding his beloved #2807... reunited after 23 years!!

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=3203

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=3318

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:50 am 

Carl, joining the CTZCC is so easy, a Porsche owner could do it! :lol:

On our website Homepage, please locate and press the "JOIN OUR CLUB" icon at the top of the page. You will be asked to fill in about 20 seconds worth of information (45 sec for 911 owners), which is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. We don't share or sell our Members List to anyone, and only the Club Officers can see it. We don't even exchange that info among our members ~ if you want them to have it, you must give it to them yrslf.

Once aboard, you will become an instant Z brother with over 275 other Z nuts, who have more than 300 Z cars among them. We're friendly and informal here but we are very family oriented, so we do strive to keep the website clean.

Everyone has a voice in here ~ we welcome opinions, tips and questions from everyone. One of the strengths of the CTZCC is that our Membership represents a wide spectrum of experience ~ from the first-car novice to the lifetime professional Z mechanic. We feel these cars are best served by the free exchange of spare parts, experience, and simple encouragement. Your vast knowledge of theze carz would be a VERY welcome addition to our Club (and would give us HUGE bragging rights! :lol:)

C'mon Carl ~ be our brother. Press & Join!

Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC
Apr/70 240Z
HLS30-02807

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:05 am 

Resto Mod!!! :twisted:

J/K Great story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 pm 

If Jim (oops!) does buy this 00013 then he should do the right thing and give it to me :twisted:

No but really he or who ever ends up caretaker of this special Z should restore it and then donate it to The Datsun Heritage Museum. It would be the right thing to do.

This way all Z fans can appreciate it.

It should also get brought out to The National Z Car convention every year.

Just my 2 billion cents.

Jimi (Hendrix) Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm 

Incredible find...can't wait to hear more. It pays to hit these small car shows and cruise nights...you never know what stories (and cars) may come out of the woodwork.

BTW - For those unaware, this find has stirred up quite the...ummm...'discussion'...over at classiczcars.com: :shock:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/show ... adid=35484

Cheers,
Colin

1970 Datsun 240z #11137

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:09 pm 

I just went over to that forum and read through all of the comments. Those guys take this stuff way too seriously. When did owning and enjoying Z's get so serious that people have to insult each other? Makes me feel glad that our little club and discussion forum is as friendly, informal and casual as it is. I'd rather be an ignorant z car fan than be that knowledgeable if that is the level of conversation it results in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:56 pm 

You want friendly? I'll give you friendly Damnit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:38 am 

Ross,

U hit the nail on the head,

seriously

we can all talk sh@#$%t but u r !00% correct

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 am 

Ross.Williams wrote:
I just went over to that forum and read through all of the comments. Those guys take this stuff way to seriously....

Yea, tough crowd over there. You can't help but appreciate the passion. So don't take anything said over there personally. That's a hardball conversation going on over there.

However, greetings all! I signed on to the site to watch this. I want to see more pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 am 

I agree Ross, after reading those comments I find out we are such Ivy League, that's great. :D Some were good, but others............sounds like some stuck up folks that just went out and bought their Z, and probably don't even know were the spark plugs are, blahhhh. Like I have car # so and so, so I'm special, or I don't have a great Z car, so I'll bash whoever does, that's my impression. Blahhh. At least I'll be able to drive my 72 on the streets and not cringe, because I didn't spend $40 g's on a novalty Z, that looks just like mine. Having an early Z is cool and all, but what's it worth, can you enjoy the ride. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:53 pm 

Hi guyz ~ Just got home this morning.

There are many Z club websites on the 'Net, and I have read many of them with great interest. Surely some very informative entries in each of them and I hold all Z owners in high regard. I respect the lust for these 'wonderful/horrible' carz where ever it's found. I consider all Z owners to be our brothers, and encourage every owner to tell the world the truth about his Z.

Having said that, I get personally dismayed at some of the rivalry and coarse language many clubs allow on their sites. It's not my position to say much about that ~ we all enjoy First Amendment rights and nobody can place himself in the "Z Police" category (altho I might try if I thought I could :lol:). Instead, I personally feel it's best for me to just to "stay home" and tend my own campfires. Our Club isn't perfect either, but I like to think we share a common respect for each other and we certainly enjoy a huge camaraderie among our members and their families. We strive to keep all of our events "clean" (no booze, drugs or harsh language) so our family members will feel comfortable when we get together. It's just common respect. Some of the most rewarding times the CTZCC has enjoyed have happened in conjunction with neighboring Z clubs. We strive to get along with everyone.

Anyone who feels we are "Ivy League" might want to spend some time with us jointly or individually, and see how much ivy clings to us when we crawl back out from under our cars. Our fingernails get dirty and broken just like anyone else's do, and most of us search our pockets for spare change toward the end of each month (usually to see what else we can afford to do to the Z! :lol:) We have some members who have been unemployed or under-employed since the economy crashed, but they continue to tighten their belts and work devotedly on their Z cars.
We're not snobs here ~ we're not even sure what a Snob License looks like.

And I read with GREAT interest the recent entries about "Lucky 13" on the Classic Z website. First, I am thrilled to death that this car has stirred the emotions of so many true Z enthusiasts, as I feel it should have done. Second, I salute the skepticism the world is echoing now ~ I even told the owner himself he must be mistaken! We all KNEW car #13 was long-gone.

TRUTH is the most-expensive commodity in the human experience. Everyone sees events from their own perspective and relates what they "know" to be "true" in their own words. I am so guilty. Witnesses should never be required to testify to 'tell the TRUTH' in a trial "so help them God", because what they honestly believe to be true might in fact not be. I offer no defense to any of you if anything I say turns out to be untrue, except to say that I believed it at the time I said it and don't intend malice or deceit toward anyone.

We all have opinions and I am grateful we live in one part of the free world where we have the right to express them. Some citizens of our planet pay dearly for saying what they think. I feel we should celebrate the disagreement btwn us and be happy each of us has a brain capable of thinking different thoughts. Mom, Dad and our Drill Instructors should have been the last people in our lives who could tell us how to think.

I agree that any stated fact should be examined and scrutinized before being accepted. I would have LOVED to simply accept the statement that this fellow owned car#13 and begin celebrating it ~ but as a former investigator I had to see for myself, inspite of a terribly busy schedule at the time. I read comments made by educated people far away who questioned the veracity of this matter ~ BRAVO! Good on ya' mate! Don't accept any stranger's claim until you have examined it yrslf and decided the weight of his statement. We each have that responsibility as adults, and I salute those of you who refuse to accept claims without proof.

That kind of attitude will make you more believable to me when it's your turn to teach me something you know about.

I'm working on providing a Club-wide opportunity to view this car openly soon. Car #13's not mine, and I can't say what should be done with it. I have frequent contact with the owner and he has NOT (repeat NOT) seriously considered selling it. I have sort of scolded him for keeping the car secret for so long, but he really doesn't feel guilty for that. I was just very grateful to him for allowing me to tell the world the car is still intact and appears totally functional if taken out of storage. I'm just overwhelmed at the good fortune that this Club has enjoyed, by being involved in this Find. And I am personally awash at my opportunity to have placed my hands on this piece of history, in a subject which is so individually important to me.

BTW, I also noticed some very good comments/questions about how important this car is, compared to equivalent numbers in other countries. I am hardly an expert in those matters and can't address them, except to say this:

Datsun made about 10,000 1970 model 240Zs (Oct69-Sep70). About 7,000 of those cars came to the USA. They were designated HLS30 cars. Other cars going to other countries carried other designations (HS30 for example) for RHD and different engine specifications. All this hubbub is related ONLY to the HLS30 LHD cars ~ Car #13 probably means far less to our Z brothers in other countries. But here, it is the earliest-numbered 240Z, from the first commercially-available boatload of cars sold here. We Yanks have also located the first car SOLD from that boatload, (Car #16), which was sold in Texas. This car #13 went farther East to be delivered in Virginia. The Texas car #16 was probably sold the day it arrived, while #13 was still in transit.

And having said all that ~ I WASN'T THERE, so I can't promise you that's the "TRUTH". But that's what decades of research by interested enthusiasts has revealed.

Y'all keep up your great work, and remember: We're all supposed to be pulling on the same end of the rope.

Z ya~
Frank

Attachments:
File comment: "Lucky 13"
IMGA1175.JPG
IMGA1175.JPG [ 55.84 KiB | Viewed 73422 times ]

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next