Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:42 pm 

OK, here is an opportunity to have your 240,260 or 280Z memorialized on film.

Dylan Osborn is directing a short film that will be shooting in Connecticut next month. When he was a film major at Wesleyan University in Middletown, local car enthusiasts drove their exotic or vintage cars in several of his films and well-organized clubs like ours were a great resource for him. For his current production they are looking for a vintage 240, 260 or 280Z in "daily driver" shape. A car in desperate need of a paint job or in the proces of restoration would be ideal. That being said, it should not be a "wreck".

The deal:
You must commit to be available the entire day on May 8th for shooting in Rye, NY
You will not get paid (no need to bring your SAG card)
Gas and food will be supplied / reimbursed
You must load three pictures of you car onto our Member Rides board if you have not already done so
The filmaker will pick the vehicle he wants from the pictures on our board for those who have expressed an interest.

If you are OK with all of the above, e-mail me at ross@ctzcc.com and I'll put your name in the hat.

Some additional information:

"Inheritance" is a 4 minute film shooting in HD on May 8-10th, with a small but professional cast and crew from NY. The film features a Nissan GT-R driven by the heroine in a race against a Morgan Aero 8 and a Porsche 911. Before the race begins, they want to make
a link between Nissan's past and present by having her arrive in an unrestored and somewhat "rough" vintage Datsun Z. Her character is the underdog, so we're looking for a vintage Z that is a daily driver instead of a perfectly restored classic.

The filming will take place in Rye, NY, there's no dangerous driving in this brief scene, and only the owner of the car will be driving it. This short has a very small budget so unfortunately there's no compensation, but food and gas will be taken care of- and the completed film will be on the web and on DVD to represent everyone involved.

"INHERITANCE"

STORY LINE: On the day of their father's death, a family gathers at his mansion to read the will. But his last wish is an anything goes, high speed race- pitting them against one another to see who deserves to earn his fortune. Only Emily, the 'Cinderella' in this modern day fairy tale, brings more to the race than just a fast car.

PRODUCTION: This 4-5 minute film is shooting in HD on May 8-10th, with a small but professional crew from New York. The filming will take place in Rye, NY, there's no dangerous driving in this brief scene, and only the owner of the car will be driving it. This short has a very small budget so unfortunately there's no compensation, but food and gas will be taken care of- and you will receive copy and credit. The finished product will be distributed on the internet and on DVD to represent everyone involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:01 am 

OK, can we get an update on this?

We all know Colin and Colin ran the 240Z in the film, and that it was supposed to come out soon ~ but I can't find it on YouTube or YourFace or whatever it is.

Anybody got an update?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:36 am 

It's on Yourpatience..isn't it, yea I can't wait either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm 

According to Dylan, the Producer/Director, it should be ready at the end of July. I don't know if I can wait that long! :lol:

"The story has really come together in the edit, and all our hard work shows- from universally strong performances, to incredible vehicular production value, to top notch picture and sound. The original score, visual effects, and sound design will all be completed in the next month or so, and if that goes as planned I'll be able to show you the finished product at the end of July. It's worth the wait, to give this short film the level of professional finish it deserves."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:11 pm 

Well I just reviewed a copy of the film "Inheritance" that was produced by Dylan Osborn. You may remember that he was looking for a Z car from our club and Colin Gentle Jr. / Colin Gentle Sr. participated with their car.

Honestly I did not know what to expect from a 4 minute film but it was REALLY good. I realize that some of you may have seen it at our September meeting playing in Colin's trunk.

We do not have permission to post this film yet, but it will be playing on a loop in my garage at our Fall Outing. As soon as we get permission, we will also upload it on the web-site.

Ross