Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:36 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Some new Z's for me
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:35 pm 

Well, minatures that is. Found them at a truck stop in N.Y., who would figure. So the white one, a 72 like mine, is basically what mine should end up looking like, except I'll have rear louvers, different mirrors and rims, and of course the engine. The engine says on it, "turbo intercooled" and "16 valve" It is the 4 cylinder cross flow, twin cam turbo engine. I think that's the rb25 that was used in the z31 in Japan, some of you know this better than I do. So all I need now is the side skirts and rear valance, and the rear spoiler, just like it shows. I thank A.J. for the fender flares, and Frank for my bumper and grill, to help me get closer to the look I want. Also, I was wondering what it's like driving with mirrors on the fenders, and do those fenders have indentations for mirrors, or just put them on.

Attachments:
WZZZZ 021.JPG
WZZZZ 021.JPG [ 197.47 KiB | Viewed 4599 times ]
WZZZZ 020.JPG
WZZZZ 020.JPG [ 179.54 KiB | Viewed 4599 times ]
WZZZZ 018.JPG
WZZZZ 018.JPG [ 209.33 KiB | Viewed 4599 times ]
WZZZZ 015.JPG
WZZZZ 015.JPG [ 279.27 KiB | Viewed 4599 times ]
WZZZZ 013.JPG
WZZZZ 013.JPG [ 320.37 KiB | Viewed 4599 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm 

Wow ~ how cool is THAT? Who would figure you'd find those at a truck stop!? :lol:

You will have to ask Clive about the fender mirrors. I was looking at them on a Fairlady once and noticed they were mounted well forward of the shock towers ~ maybe to avoid constant vibration and shakes from the shock action? I dont think there's any brace under there to mount them on, but I know there's an access question involved. If you mount them behind the shock tower, you can access the nuts from inside the engine bay. Forward of the shock tower you must remove the front wheels to access them from inside the wheel wells. I have no idea what the mirror view would be from either point ~ never drove one with mirrors out there before.

When you get around to mounting them, remember that handy tip I discovered while mounting my mirrors last year. If you use a Dry-Erase marker to scribe your measurements on the bodywork, it wipes right off when you're done :wink:

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm 

I know, I couldn't believe my eye. :lol: It was all new cars, so I was at least looking for a 350z among all the Porshes, and just when I was about to turn away, I saw the red one in the back, then I looked some more and found the white one, then had to catch my breath. So I got the only 2 there, until they restock, hopefully different colors. I'll have my cousin look out for me. His step daughter works next door at the Wendy's. Also found a 83 N/A, coupe slick top, with beautiful red carpet in it at the local junk yard. I would of came home with that too. I couldn't believe it was in the junk yard. Not badly rusted at all. All it needed was a door, engine, seats, and gauge cluster, and I have all that. Well I think I'll leave my mirrors, I need to see the best I can. I'm still in the air about rims. I got those aluminum slots, but boy do some beefy rims look good too. Also thought about the 81 turbo rims if I could get them chromed. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:08 pm 

the fender mirrors are easier to look at when driving, but you won't see the detail that you would see with door mounted mirrors...but you also don't have to turn your head away from the road to see them...like you would have to with the door mirror's. I had an old bluebird with the fender mirrors, and I loved them. It's going to be a give and take problem that only your driving style will have to accept.

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:17 am 

hey guys.. i saw these and i think ive got the same here..
here's some pics...
the brand is JADA

Attachments:
File comment: box
IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg [ 56.25 KiB | Viewed 4574 times ]
File comment: box
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg [ 110.03 KiB | Viewed 4574 times ]
File comment: car
IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg [ 106.01 KiB | Viewed 4574 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:30 am 

Wow ~ serious wheels and brakes for a model!

*(and look everyone! Pete has some LHD cars!) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 am 

Well, how about that. Mine say Jada on the bottom. Now, I have different rims, and no wooden steering wheel or shifter, and I have light lenses. The one above looks like a RHD, but hard to tell from pic. I thought that with mirrors up front, and the different engine, they should of all been RHD. Not shure on that though. Pete...what engine is in those? Mine have I think the RB25? (4cyl turbo 16v crossflow head.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:21 pm 

My experience with fender mounted mirrors is that they get broken off by vandals much more frequently , I guess because they catch attention. Happened twice to me in one year. I heard that the JDM market used them not for improved visibility, but so the cars could fit easier in the very narrow traffic lanes in urban areas. I don't think you see that much better with them; I do know they are a PITA to adjust since you can't do it from your seat. Personally I don't recommend them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm 

paul.mackin wrote:
Mine have I think the RB25? (4cyl turbo 16v crossflow head.)

SR20det....

The rb25det is the 6 cylinder that's on my engine stand...

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm 

Go ahead AJ ~ shoot us some pictures of those neat little 240s you have on your workbench! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 pm 

That's the one, thanks A.J. Also, these JADA cars are numbered, mine are in the 92,000 range. Made in China. I'll have to keep my eye out for more. Now I can have Z cars in the house, and catch up with the # outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm 

yep..its gotta 4 cyl 16V engine in it...