Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Forum Moderation?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:42 am 

Hello Folks,

I've been given the honor of being a moderator here at the CTZCC forum.
Now I have a question for our members before I go mad with my new found power :wink:

I've been looking through the "Technical" section, and many of the posts are border-line Technical/General. I myself would move those posts to general, but before I do I'd like some input from the membership.

Here's how I see it...

A Technical post should be a specific question about a specific issue, and the answers given should be relevant. This makes the Technical forum a good resource for future searching of information. So with your post you should include; the series (s30, s130, z31, z32, z33), the month/year, the trim (Turbo, NA, 2 seater, 2+2) of the car in question, and what your issue is. If you have multiple issues you should consider multiple threads, so that the answers can be concise and easily understood. Also when looking for information with a search when a post comes up most of the replies will be pertinent to the original question and the answers will be easier to find.

We've been a pretty small group, but we aren't any more. This means that activity will be/is picking up, and things will get messy if the house isn't kept clean :wink:

If a post is made that says "hey look at the BBK I installed today" and no real technical details are given about the procedure, or the car that was upgraded. Should that post be moved to the "General" section? That would be my gut reaction.

I'd like to know what people think of my ideas before I start implementing them.

Last edited by Barry'z (NJ) on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:04 pm 

Sounds like a plan Barry, noticed you moved Phils outing post to the events section. Could you do the same with Mikes picnic post as i think that's where it should belong, Thanks, Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:43 pm 

Really good point, Barry. Several of the threads also degenerated into discussions totally divergent from the original statement, so that they cover two or more matters. Those will be harder to deal with.

I agree that Tech Tips should be as specific as possible (as you describe) and that General Discussions or Off Topic are better pools for most other subjects.

One thing I would NOT recommend moving are any NEW MEMBER INTROs, regardless of how diverse they became. I'll explain that offscreen, but for now I would recommend leaving them unchanged and simply asking people not to ramble on into new subjects in response to some new member's introduction.

Glad to have a new broom in the workshop! What you said is exactly right~
we might have got away with being a little messy when we were smaller, but unless we clean it up soon, it's going to become hard to follow.

Frank