Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:07 pm 

HI,

HOPE THE MEET WAS A GREAT TIME FOR EVERYBODY, WISH I COULD HAVE MADE IT!!!! I SPENT HALF THE DAY INSTALLING A "NEW FUEL PUMP", AND GOT MY Z RUNNING.....IT SOUNDED "AWESOME"!!!!! IT RAN FOR 4 MINUTES AND THEN WHEN I LOOKED AT THE PUMP, I SAW ALL KINDS OF FUEL POURING OUT OF THE METAL FUEL LINES!!!! I LOST FUEL PRESSURE JUST AS I WAS SHUTTING IT DOWN. I VISUALLY SAW A PIN HOLE LEAK, SO I PUT A RUBBER GAS LINE OVER THE HOLE AND DOUBLE CLAMPED BOTH ENDS.....I TRIED STARTING IT AGAIN BUT THERE WAS NO PRESSURE IN THE LINES......SO OBVIOUSLY I'VE GOT MORE PROBLEMS THAN JUST THE PINHOLE! IT IS RIGHT AT THE DIFFERENTIAL HOUSING IN THE REAR END, WHERE THE FUEL HOSE RETURN LINE AND THE FUEL HOSE OUTLET LINE MEET AT THE "BLOCK".....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT HOW TO REPLACE THE FUEL LINES FROM THE FILTER TO THE PUMP??????

Attachments:
my zzzzz!.jpg
my zzzzz!.jpg [ 30.03 KiB | Viewed 2540 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:56 pm 

Hi Gary!
Well, one question at a time. We all had a wonderful time, especially for a 'first attempt'. We got WWAAAYYYY more cars than we expected, from CT, NY, NJ, RI, MA, NH and one from GA! You'll see some pictures popping up in the forums this weekend.

Jim and I searched the Paddock for an exact match to your car and could only come up with one-year-off. We tried to trace the wires but the owner had installed some homemade heat shield (looked nice tho) which hid the connections we wanted to see.

BUT ~ If your car ran, you've already figured it out! :D

The fuel leak: most folks I know would replace the line with a flexible braided neoprene hose , but I'll let others give better advice.

Next car show, you need to be here!
Frank T