Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Posting Photos
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:41 pm 

I've heard that several people need help posting photos to the discussion forum. It was a mystery to me until Barry explained it. Now that I know how to do it, it is fairly simple. So here are the steps:

1) Know the location of the photos on your computer. This will help later when you need to upload them. I usually save pictures to my desktop temporarily but yours may be in "my photos" or some other directory.

2) Open the CTZCC discussion forum and have the post that you want to include the photo in ready to go. Then minimize the discussion forum page by clicking the small dash in the upper right corner of your screen.

3) There are many free photo hosting services out there. A popular one is photobucket (http://photobucket.com/). I have been using zcon (http://zcon.photodump.org), a site recomended to me by Barry C. Open the internet again from the icon on your desktop (leave the discussion forum page active on your PC - don't close it). Go to either the photobucket or zcon websites referenced above.

4) If this is your first time using photobucket or zcon, you will need to register and get an ID / password. Follow the instructions on the site to do so. Make sure you save your ID and password somewhere.

5) Using photobucket: login, click the icon that says "choose files" in the Upload Photos and Videos section, select the photo you want to upload from your PC and then click "open". The photo will be uploaded and you have the opportunity to name it and provide a description. When you are done click the "Save and Continue" button below the photo. You should now see a screen with all of the photos that you have uploaded to date. Now click on the "Image" field below the photo that you want to upload to the discussion forum. The Image field should be highlighted. Then right-mouse-button "copy", minimize the photobucket window (small dash on very upper right of screen), pull up the discussion forum thread that you want to insert the image into and right-mouse-button "paste".

6) Using zcon: login, click the icon that say "upload" and a screen with three horizontal fields should come up. Click on "browse", then select the photo you want to uplaod from your computer and click "open". That field field should now be loaded with the address of your photo. If you are done uploading photos, click on the "upload files" link at the bottom of the box (otherwise yo can upload more photos by repeating the procedure in the next two horizontal rows). The next box should contain the Image tag, which looks something like: [IMG]http://zcon.photodump.org/files/140/40_1.jpg[IMG]. Highlight this field with your mouse by holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse over the entire field. Then right-mouse-button "copy", minimize the photbucket window (small dash on very upper right of screen), pull up the discussion thread that you want to insert the image into and right-mouse-button "paste".

I've written this for the beginner as I know there are people out there that do not know how to cut and paste. If you are having trouble call me on my cell phone (201-966-9984) and I can walk you through it.

Good Luck! Ross

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:55 pm 

Ooohhh ~ THANKS Ross!

You just saved me from tearing out a lot of hair.

:lol:

This was much-needed and greatly appreciated.

LET'S HEAR A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR ROSS!

Frank T