Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Club progress
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm 

In the relentless pursuit of providing you with a better Club experience, our Fearless Leader John Kish spent many hours last week re-connecting with some of our supporters and sponsors, setting up future events for you to enjoy.

First, John met with Scott Orsini, manager of North Haven's Executive Nissan. Those folks have supported us for many years, and we have held countless Club activities and monthly meetings there. Scott and John discussed a 2021 meeting and possibly a car show there. Stay tuned for more news as those plans develop.

Then, John lit out into the wild uncharted regions of Connecticut's upper-left corner and discovered a wonderful racetrack there called Lime Rock Park. He sat for an hour with the Events and Sales manager Mike DeStefano while they planned a great event for the Club this year, involving track laps and (or) an on-site meeting during the upcoming Classic Car parade. John will let you in on the exciting details of those prospects. The air-conditioned Infield Chalet can be made available for our meetings!

Earlier this summer John shared an hour with the Track Manager of Thompson Motorsports Park Scott Mayo, planning a CTZCC event there. That has been previously reported in the Upcoming Events forum and the arrangements are being formulated for you and your family to have a great time there.

Each of these events will require a substantial turnout of members. Judging by the exceptional response we got for the County Line Nissan meeting this year, that shouldn't be a problem. Both North Haven Executive Nissan and the Lime Rock Park racetrack have proven to be high-volume draws for this Club. Thompson Motorsports promises to be a great venue for us as well.

PLEASE participate in our 2021 events as often as possible, and also PLEASE let John know you intend to attend! Providing enough piZZa for everyone requires proper prior planning. It was wonderful to see 53 members show up for the Middlebury meeting, but piZZa and free Swiss Army knives had only been arranged for the two doZen who had said they were coming! :oops:

In light of the fact that our Club has only *just* risen from the ashes of the COVID lock-down, it has been suggested that we begin offering a 50/50 raffle at each meeting or event. The winners will split a share of 1/2 of the priZe money and the Club Kitty will be fed with the other 1/2. That will give the Club the ability to provide members with more-rewarding meetings in the future. John will discuss the details of that, too.

Stay tuned for Johnny Z's updates in the Upcoming Events forum....and remember to thank him for his untiring CPR of our Post-Covid Club. :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

(Thanks also to Karl Walton for reducing my roadmap-size photographs).

Frank T

Attachments:
File comment: John drove his early-1970s de Tomaso Pantera to the Lime Rock meeting....oh, wait! Not really.
lr1.JPG
lr1.JPG [ 161.28 KiB | Viewed 2479 times ]
File comment: A quiet Lime Rock Park gave John and Mike a chance to plan details for our upcoming meeting and track laps.
lr2.JPG
lr2.JPG [ 172.16 KiB | Viewed 2479 times ]
File comment: The air-conditioned Infield Chalet awaits you for our meeting there!
lr3.JPG
lr3.JPG [ 270.53 KiB | Viewed 2479 times ]
File comment: PreZident John and Lime Rock events director Mike DeStefano conspire to give you a great time at LRP.
lr4.JPG
lr4.JPG [ 150.57 KiB | Viewed 2479 times ]

Post subject: Re: Club progress
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:36 pm 

So a couple of things.

First, a big thank you to John for all his efforts to lead the club and get things going again. I'm sure it's taken far more of his time than can be imagined. Also I imagine with the pandemic there have been further unseen challenges added to the mix. John I believe the efforts you are putting forth will pay off though....thank you.

Second thing is in regards to that red car in the first photo, is that a DeTomaso Pantera? Looks like it to me but the bodywork looks slightly different so I can't be sure.

Jay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:25 pm 

That is indeed a Pantera, but it isn't John's. I lied. 8)
The top of each photograph tells what it depicts. My first photo submissions were so obscenely large you might have missed the tiny print along the top of them. I got some help from technical wiZard Karl W and he somehow siZed them down to a useable format.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 am 

Ah I see the captions now. Missed them before.

I think John should pick up a Pantera, that'd look good parked next to his Z. 8)

Jay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:35 am 

When did John get to be President ? :shock: :shock:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:52 am 

While you were busy not reading the website! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9952

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:00 pm 

I know he is running everything I didn't know he was elevated :mrgreen:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:47 pm 

Think of it as having been awarded with what he has earned. 8)